Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can you enroll/add the same participants from one course into another course easily? If so, how can this be done?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for the easiest way of finding the analytics for: # of new students added this week# of new survey scores # of TA comments across all of our active courses. Is there any way of doing this without going in individually to 50+ programs? Wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please advise how a user can obtain the New Quizzes function. Thanks and regards,Nguyen Quyet Thang  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I sort the markbook by  notes entries, please. to See ones I need to mark

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Why is the phone verification code not going to my phone it’s an iPhone 13

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to respond to inbox messages from email on my phone?Currently I receive the message in my email, but I am unable to reply from my email on my phone. I have to go to my computer to login to Canvas then I can respond to the inbox message...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What are the steps to have the gradebook show total points rather than final percent?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're interested in adding a secondary login to our campus Canvas user accounts, to facilitate inter-campus logins between the different campuses in our system. The process/format for using SIS Import to create secondary logins is pretty straightforw...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I conduct several different surveys in different classes, when I download the data the file gives the same name "Survey Name of Survey". SUGGESTION: Can the name of file be changed to "Survey Name of Survey_Semester_CourseNumber", eg: SurveyTextbook_...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Today I was grading submitted PDF homework documents. The annotation toolbar seems to work for everything EXCEPT the HIGHLIGHT tool. I customarily highlight a text in question then use the "Point annotation" to comment. When I select the HIGHLIGHT to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,So I have 2 pages. The text on one page is contained within a box and does not span the whole page, it is cut off. While the other page is full width and not contained in a box. I need to fix the page contained in a box to be like the other page. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a process/recommendation for rolling over students who conclude their enrollment at a school at the end of the year?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a report that will show me the year a student was enrolled into Canvas and their Canvas courses?We have an institution-based enrollment for a course, however, students who have left the school are displaying as active.Rather than viewing eac...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I built a weekly Quiz to prompt students to log internship hours for their for-credit internship course.1. Each individual question asks them how many hours they worked (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri). There are multiple possible answers (1 hour, 2 hours, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Afternoon All,  I have imported several question banks and am not trying to grab questions from those banks, but the add question button does not show for me. Am I missing something? I am using the basic version and maybe that is the issue. Anyone ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to get lost modules back on Canvas? I created 13 modules in my course and then, I logged in today and found only had 4 modules in my course.  It must somehow deleted it, can I get it back somehow?? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where in Canvas can I find TA/faculty response time to student queries?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way that the discussion post threads could be automatically expanded instead of having to click on each top of the discussion board to have this done manually each time? It is one extra step that I have to do every time I go to the discu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We want to suspend user accounts in Canvas that have not logged in for a year. We do this using the SIS Import CSV.  I can run the "Last User Activity" report to get the list of users but the problem is that this report does not pull login Ids...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In English Lit 205, I went to the link to see the video of the Characteristics of Renaissance Literature and it came back error, item not found. How do I find this information?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It's been more than a few weeks that I've been using canvas in the Edge browser, because in the Google Chrome browser the home screen is just completely white without the tasks appearing.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There everyone, We have a self-paced course, so no start or end date. I now have a bunch of students who have completed the course that are sitting in the course. Do I deactivate them? or How do I "Store" their student results and remove them from...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have some rubrics made in the Canvas course I am working on. When I want to attach one of those rubrics to an assignment I have created, Canvas makes me search through all of the courses I have taught. Is there a way to filter this to just see the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a fill-in multiple blanks question in Classic Quizzes, each fill-in response is automatically worth 1 point. Our fill-in response questions may vary in difficulty levels and therefore they should not all be worth the same number of poin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am trying to make logo in which I want to show my user the Mod Apk of Car Simulator 2 for my website. But, I came to know that the image would be in webp format that do not distrub you r core web vitals. So, Is this possible that I can make pic ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach high school science--usually chemistry but occasionally I'll be handed a couple sections of something else. Also, I'm in Texas, and we're adopting new-to-us standards in the fall (about a decade behind NGSS). When my district first switched t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to group students into different groups. They will all have the same overall assignment, but each group is using different reference material. I teach a course on Insect Biology that is part of the Achievement Centered Education requirements f...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am a professor attempting to integrate a textbook from Cengage into Canvas. I am unable to find specific instructions for this. I would appreciate any direction I can get!Thank you!Maria

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to update default email.   The article suggested might be outdated as the instructions don't work.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies