Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

With all of the functioned offered by Canvas, why does the gradebook not have an option to automatically email students who did not submit the assignment by the due date?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have taken over teaching an open enrollment course which never concludes.  I have to conclude all students manually.  There are a lot of graduates (some from over a year ago) still on the roster.  Yesterday I concluded 10 students.  Today 8 of thos...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to restrict students from taking screenshot in courses or exams. How can I do that? Thanks in advance.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to use the SCORM function in Canvas but it is not visible at all. In all the articles I have read it says to go into navigation and move it from the inactive to active items.But I do not have any inactive items. And SCORM doesn't appear ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was told to open saved copy of Assignment Book on my first course.  I have not been able to find this, open or save it.  Need some help.  Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As an instructor, is there a way to download a zip of a student's previous submission to an assignment?- The "Download submissions" button on the assignment page only downloads the most recent submission- In Speedgrader I can view previous submission...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I go into canvas it takes me to dashboard fine but wont load up the squares? same happens with apple ipad but apple iphone 8 is fine?when i go into canvas it brings up dashboard but the squares fade in and out and doesnt load

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm working with a school which has significant staffing shortages. To help alleviate some of the pressure to fill all sections of classes, there is now a common "Independent Study" across the entire building. The administrator would like to pre-popu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is a blank blue screen nothing coming up or on screen

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I am unable to move my courses around in the dashboard! Any help is appreciated!!!

• 0 Likes
  • 16 Replies

My email is incorrectly listed on my account.  I can not reset my password, because it does not send me a link...  please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a final exam that is in Canvas. I need to link the pre-existing questions to an outcome. How do I do that?  I see how link an outcome to a new question. But I'd rather not have to redo an existing bank.Thank you.Kathy 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to be able to see how the page looks. But student view isn't giving me what I want. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My courses for this year are listed as " 7 Yearbook" and " 8 Yearbook".  How can I combine them into one course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This year's canvas layout is completely new it seems. I cannot edit the color or names of any o my courses and I can't favorite/unfavorite courses. Canvas is a main component of my day-to-day life and it is important to me to color coordinate and giv...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If this question has been answered somewhere, please tell me where!I am accessibility checking content created by others.  I am looking at a quiz created in New Quizzes. There is an image embedded in the stimulus content.  How do I find out what (if ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have copied and imported the course syllabus for POLS 30071 into Canvass. But it is "disabled," and the students can't see it. How do I fix this ?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My assignments aren't showing up on the course calendar. It shows the classes I have to the right hand side like normal but they are grayed out. I checked the Canvas app on my phone to see if my classes would show up there and they did. Is this a pro...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My instructor edited a quiz for one section after another section had already taken it. Now, the previous sections grades are no longer viewable in the gradebook, but can be viewed in grade history only. Is this because she changed the quiz after one...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I get my canvas unlocked so that I may take courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our instructors teach the same prescribed courses each year (allied health education certificate programs). They do make minor changes to the quizzes and content from year to year, but overall, the majority of the content is the same. What is the BES...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How does your institution "keep" or store graduated student records from Canvas? Do you immediately deactivate users once they graduate? Do you export gradebooks and save that as records? We have to keep student academic records for at least 3 years ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, my son graduated high school two years ago and is in his junior year of college. Once a month I have to remove him from "observing". How do I permanently remove him from my profile. I still get updates from the high school etc when I go in to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is a bit of a weird one. We are getting ready for the new school year and we just imported all of the new students that will joining the district. These students have never logged into their Canvas Account before. We noticed that there is no gen...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is anyone else having trouble with Banner to Canvas integration?  we are seeing a large backlog with very slow processing time that cannot keep up.  We use LDI.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello- I am new to using Canvas API. I followed this community forums to understand to how to generate tokens and make an browser based API Call.I am an Admin on our canvas account. I followed the below link and generated a token.https://community.ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the guide - How do I view annotation feedback comments from my instructor directly in my assignment submission?How this works now is great because the feedback shows up automatically when the graded assignment is opened by the student.  I love it...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, The information about how to download/print New Quizzes is very clear and helpful. However, when I do this, I am only able to download 1 page (1 question). Do you have any tips on how to download a whole New Quiz? kind regards,Jacky

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am designing a math review class on Canvas. I would like each module to start with a pre-test/quiz. I want to use Mastery Paths to individualize the assignments each student completes in that module. For instance, if they miss question 7 on a quiz ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies