Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I continue to receive submit failed, try again whenever I try to upload a file into my start assignment canvas.What am I doing incorrectly? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I clicked on "Begin Course" and there is no information or guide to the course, how do I begin the course if there is no subject matter? Do I contact IT? Can someone guide me to a contact information center for help. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Inside a course discussion board, there is a field to "search entries or author", but the result is not locked, when your search has many entries the page refreshes back to the full discussion.I believe a solution would be to lock the page in search ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Anytime i log into my CANVAS account it will tell me that my password is incorrect, please what is my CANVAS password¿

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I login to my account and navigate to the Calendar section, ALL of my calendars become "activated" - I'm not sure what the right word would be.  On the far right side, where different calendars can be toggled on and off, ALL of the calenda...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

canvas says I don't have space to upload an image to my discussion board.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how students can enter images in discussions ?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you view grades from an old course in the flex option canvas website? I have a paper that I never got the chance to review the comments and it was from the last subscription period, however, now the dashboard does not include that class becaus...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

User role: instructorI understand that I can use the "Due Date" or "Available until" option to show a deadline for a quiz. I'd like students to complete quizzes before a specific time but to still be able to see the quiz question and answers. I do NO...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on enroll class, it says error: unprocessable entity. Please adviseThank you,Jeanette King

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am quite confused because I have no issues on my phone app and other computers. When I use my personal laptop on canvas, it does not show the button for courses; it is simply blank in that spot. Is there a way to possibly reset it on my comp...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I don't see any attendance icon in my Canvas where should I find it?ThanksNazanin Khavari 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I am the TTL at my school and I had a teacher ask me a question about how quizzes can be structured. She likes to use them to guide students through reading Spanish Literature. She was wondering if there is an option for her to display only a s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas page will not load any of my classes as I am trying to complete course work. I have refreshed and restarted my computer to try and resolve but nothing has worked.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have canvas as a parent already for my oldest child.  Now our youngest child started middle school how do I add that into my same log in so I can see both?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm hoping someone can help me.  For the life of me I can't find where to post for a Discussion.  I go to where the instructions tell me but it isn't listed.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you,Carrie 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd really love a way to export the Outcomes Analysis for a Quiz. Or at least be able to print the report instead of having to take screenshots. But being able to export the Outcomes Analysis report would allow me to manipulate/sort the data.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it too late to drop a class? When I go to the add/drop section it only shows November 2022 and Jan 2023 classes, not the current semester. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Do I need a code to log into canvas to join a course for I've registered for? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I received this message from a teacher.I am teaching blind students to submit media recording assignments on Canvas. Do you have directions for using JAWS to make a media recording? I have students turn off JAWS once they have found the Start button ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who was invited to a program.  He clicked the enroll button and now says he never got the account verification email.  Now He's in limbo, trapped between having full access to his courses, but not able to verify his account so he can...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm using a Canvas class from another teacher and notice that the same assignment is used across more than one module.So that if I edit one, it changes the other. But I don't know how they did it!How can I copy or duplicate or link (not sure of th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using the calendar button for due dates in assignments, the due date does not save unless you manually type in the date. Any ideas on what the issue may be here? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot find mymathlab in my canvas course navigation 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tried using Microsoft One Drive External Tool for the first time today, since other options for students turning in work has not been successful.  In the morning, students were able to open the document, type in the document, refresh and submit witho...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure if this is fixable, but when using chat my sent message is greyed out unless I refresh the page.If you know how to fix this so the message always shows as a dark font please let me know. This is a contrast issue that impacts accessibility.In...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Looking a t posts about finding CSM they all answer with you'll get an email which begs the questions.When I ask the contact person when we started this year, I was told someone would be in touch.  No touching happened and I was able to figure out mo...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When grading on the iPad Teacher app, the only way to put in scores is to use a 'slider' tool and to drag over to the desired score. The main issue here is that there is no way to enter half-point/decimal scores.  It would be nice to have the slider ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

At my institution we have installed and enabled Respondus LockDown Browser. Our teachers can open the LDB dashboard and select which tests they want to use the LDB for. When an activity is chosen, we see the message "Error" with a button that says "F...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can we create a grading schema that is not linked to points?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies