Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I know if my student data is up to date.  What steps do I take if it is not up to date?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm converting a course from Moodle to Canvas. Moodle has an assignment feature, where clicking to open a document counts as completion of an activity. Students get a grade for it. For example: A reading assignment has a link to a PDF. Student click ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Happy Day Everyone! Does anyone know...if you present at InstructureCon, does your presentation and/or proposal get published in a journal, etc.? Thanks so much! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to know how the Canvas ID is assigned? More specifically, I need to know if there is an ordering effect of the IDs that can lead back to the user. I also need to know if the ID only holds true for a specific class or stays with you throughout....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello as a student how do I get in touch with the Academic Integrity Board?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We posted a video to our course and the Source Chooser allowed learners to view an enhanced version of the video.   We edited the video ( in a different software than it was created) and reposted and now the Source Chooser option is no longer visible...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Im a BSc nursing student. I have got zero mark for one of my assignment which I have recently submitted. It says that there are suspicions of academic misconduct. Actually I’m not aware about what has really happened. So, what will be the institution...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have not seen any information on how to delete Imported Content from the "Current Jobs" page since 2017. Is it safe to say this issue has not been addressed or has a workaround been determined to remove imported content showing on the Current Jobs ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi allHow can I disable notifications globally for observers? We recently implemented parents as observers of their sons' courses but it has become apparent that all notifications are sent to the parents as well - some are getting many emails. I don'...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would like to print out the unit outline and Unit plan.  How can I do this in CANVAS as I like to have a printed copy with me at all times.  I am a student.  ThanksSharon

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I cannot log in Canvas or email which IVC school provided,My email: lgiang1@ivc.eduI also cannot change my email password.Please help me check, thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am not able to access the links on the ACE library resources for my course. When I try I get this message:Bad RequestYour browser sent a request that this server could not understand. How do I solve the problem, and who do I contact?Thank yo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our Education system requires the classroom teacher to form an on balanced assessment of the student based on performance standards. As a result the 'automatic grade' may not actually reflect the students end of assessment period grade, its is not as...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Why do I have to publish the front page? I am not ready to publish the course

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We had a course had 6 different groups with different tutors. Is it possible to limit student access to all materials. As different materials in different groups, we want student to check their own section materials.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi ,I am an assistant administrator at my school , and one of our students came across an issue with receiving emails from Canvas . The user is getting an error "Message preview unavailable" when trying to view a message notification from Canvas. I h...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Flip (formerly FlipGrid) is now throwing errors when attempting to view the videos in speedgrader. Canvas loads a window in a window and says "Could Not Find Valid Link) See attached. Flipgrid (old) was working great. This has been happening since th...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why can’t I submit my assignments only upload files it tells me 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The following is a discussion question for my POM 207 class, Office Publications.  If anyone is out there and sees this post,  a reply would be greatly appreciated. Question:  What is the best software to use for desktop publishing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a online summer student and I'm just with the help of a tutor finding out that I am not connected to canvas and all my assignments, my instructor haven't received when I try to access canvas a lock show up saying no access. dummie me I thought i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student taking a canvas course that is required for my high school from UT Austin. I have passed the full course and taken the final exam, but my course is now gone, I cannot connect the instructor, and I was never notified on my final exam gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students will need to work on a group project in groups of 4 and review the work of their team members. I do not want the students to be able to see the names of the students that gave them a review. However, I want them to be able to see in Canvas t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where can i find my fall semester classes schedule?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to set my profile picture in canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a college student who had to take a timed Canvas quiz that only required a file upload. The thing is, I am able to finish answering the quiz, but I had rushed to fix my file for submission, causing my time to ultimately run out. Immediately afte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For an existing course.  How do I change how student grades are determined/  Eg.  %based on Assignments, % based on quizzes, etc.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm not able to access turn-it-in Dashboard/Canvas, it is not an option I can choose to submit work to. There is also no "Assignments" option available to click under the menu, we've had to submit assignments through the "Modules" they are assigned u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am trying to get a list of enrollments (all participants including faculty and students) in a section.  The token should be privileged to do this, do I doubt that's the problem.When listing students in a section, everything looks fine:curl --loc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies