Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The view log function in "new quizzes" does not tell me if the student has left Canvas to open another tab like the view log fn did in classic quizzes. Is there somewhere else I can see if the student changed focus from the test?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've mistakenly entered a students name incorrectly when enrolling them in the Canvas Free for Teacher version. The student was able to change her name, and it shows up correctly on the discussions page, but the name is still incorrect on the People ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way for me, as the instructor, to see the student names, while keeping the discussion anonymous for the class? I want to see who engaged but also provide anonymity for those who may be shy about participating.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I keep getting an unable to process message everytime I try to video my students for my morning news. It was not a problem until the last few weeks. I have erased files and it still seems to be doing it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have read the following guides: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-delete-a-file-upload-assignment-submission-as-an-admin/ta-p/425635 and https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-upload-a-file-as-an-assignment-...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

So I've read up and am very familiar with Groups, Discussion, and Canvas' implementation of group discussions, which are discussions strictly among members of a given group from a group set. That makes perfect sense for that application. Here's what ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a live person I can speak with? Sincerely,  Gregg Felice LCSW 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make a "New Quiz." Most of the questions are worth 1 point and are straight forward multiple choice, true/false, etc. where there is only one answer. However, I have some questions that have multiple parts to them, such as fill-in-the-...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am facing the exact same issue that @maguire mentioned here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Developers-Group/All-things-API/m-p/50687/highlight/true   While I am able to add and delete individual peer reviews for a user through the GUI, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In NEW QUIZ I cannot find a way to set a date/time at which time the marked quiz will be made visible to the student. I can make it so the quiz does not instantly show the outcome after sitting the quiz, but it looks like it takes a manual change to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi professor,    I am doing the first module: Starr Biology chp 1, but the videos that are attached to the module are not clickable    These are some of the videos on there that I am not able to access:  Lost World And Other Wonders Animation: Life's...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to change my Roll Call settings on Canvas so that the the graded percentage that students see in their Gradebook reflects the total number of days they have been present in class. Has anyone done this successfully? Right now, for example...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a student who needs extensions on multiple assignments. I'm going to give them one date to turn them all in by, but it looks like my only option is to edit each individual assignment to give this student an extension on each one. Is there a wa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is a post about using groups with speedgrader. (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-enable-SpeedGrader-to-launch-filtered-by-student-group/ta-p/947) Is there a way to use speedgrader with sections?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As teacher/creator, how do I remove published and unpublished courses of the previous years. Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student and I've tried multiple times to record and upload a video for a discussion assignment using the rich content editor, but each time it tells me it was unable to upload and I lose the entire recording. The assignment states I have to upl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I record feedback, the controls block the student's work that I need to see. I like recording my feedback as audio, but when I do the audio controls block the student work I'm commenting on. I have to take a screen shot of their work so that I c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm Clara and I am an administrator at my company's courses here in Brazil. I have just restored a concluded course and I was about to restore some enrollments, but I wasn't able to complete these (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student approached me showing his view of Canvas on his cell phone. For all of his classes, he could see the % of points and then (F).  So for example in my class he had 83% (F). This was causing concern for him as he wasn't sure if this would then...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

via curl PUT api/v1/accounts/Id/external_tools/Id -F 'course_navigation\[default\]=disabled' Response shows "default":"disabled"   However, The Tool remains visible in the Navigation area.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's exponentially easier to grade using a csv in Google Sheets or Excel; however, Canvas' import feature doesn't support importing comments for the grades making it borderline useless for my purposes. I've seen other people have brought this up, has...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, everyone. There seems to be a bug with moderating quizzes. There have been multiple times when I have tried to reopen a quiz, with no luck. The student might even be shown a screen to reopen the quiz. However, when the button is presed, it imm...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I access my Google Drive through Canvas, the only folders that appear are those I created myself. I do not see the Shortcuts to folders that were Shared With Me. This is a problem, because those contain documents I might want to add to a mod...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a Canvas endpoint that will report what the numerical grade score is for a manually graded essay question. We usually use the Quiz Submission Questions endpoint to retrieve information about questions that have been graded and scored...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There used to be all sorts of options in the body of the essay to circle, strike-through, comment on a particular word or sentence, and they are gone now. Why were they removed and can we get them back? If I want to circle or note typos or misspelled...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

There are any provision to get one day before modified Courses into Canvas LMS API i just wanted to fetch only updated courses.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Google Assignment LTI 1.3 work with Peer Review?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In my computer, when I click in these options, it does not open the content.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I use a rubric while scoring paper submissions? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We're running into this issue and I'm wondering if anyone else had seen it: When the student uploads one document for an assignment and the instructor provides feedback, if the student uploads an additional document to that assignment, the student th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies