Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I teach a course that is co-taught by 5 teachers with 130 students total. We have divided our students into sections, so they remain in the larger class but also have a section assigned to them. I would love to see ONLY my section of students on my g...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi. About a couple of weeks ago, along with some patching that went on in Canvas, the ability to include carriage returns in the Assignment Comment library - seems to no longer exist. Specifically, when I create this as a comment, and save it in the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  I have assignments with requirements in one module.  When I move them to another module, the requirements disappear.   I can't find any settings that allow me to keep the requirements.  Am I missing something?   Thanks, Dave

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student who working with a group for our Software Engineering class. For the idea of our semester long project is creating an application with Canvas Integration. I tried to find resources about how to integrate an application to Canvas, but c...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a rubric at one school where I work, and I would like to use that rubric at another school where I also work. Is there a way to copy a rubric so that I can use it at another school? I understand how to copy rubrics among courses at a single...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have badges in Attendance that I need to delete. When I click on "Manage badges," none of the badges that are there. How do I delete them?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to grade a quiz that has one multiple choice question and one essay question. The essay question is worth zero points because it is optional. When I try to grade the zero point question, it says that it updates the score (which stays the ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to mark "all entries" as "Read" in threaded discussions? For graded discussions, I use the "Speed Grader" interface (with a rubric). After I grade all the entries, I need to go back to the Discussions and "read" the entries so Canvas m...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I tried on three browsers: Chrome, Safari and Firefox; disabled ad blocks and tried again, enabled University Cisco VPN and retried but to no avail. Every time I try reloading,  it says:Service is currently unavailable. Try again later.No idea why th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I quickly see (as an admin) which outcomes are sub-account and which are course-level? Sometimes instructors incorrectly copy courses from previous terms and end up creating course-level outcomes by mistake.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Situation: We sync our grades from Canvas to FACTS/RenWeb. For various reasons, we have to put holds on student accounts. Traditionally, what we've been able to do with FACTS, is withhold their grades from them until they fix the hold on their accoun...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I click on "Published Courses" I see there is subtext for the course titles that I would like to change but am not sure how. (Example in screenshot - I'd like to remove "CHAZ".) Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can the location input in Calendar Events allow hyperlinks? As of now, adding a zoom / google meet link does not allow a student to click on the link to easily open the meeting. Instead students need to copy the link, open a new tab, paste, and Enter...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi There I am testing a new course that has fake students in there and i have divided them into 4 sections. Our trainers need to observe our apprentices, on-the-job and then submit their PDF observations into each students file. I saw through the com...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey, I am in a drawing class, and we are meant to submit images in jpeg for our assignment, and for two assignments now it has been failing when I try to submit, how do I fix it or what is too big or small that I can't submit it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know there are some issues with images not appearing in shared item banks but I need a workaround that may work for this situation.  I created item banks by exporting quiz content and importing it into a new item bank. I then created new quizzes us...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a new adjunct professor so I am still learning how to use Canvas.  I want to send a message to the students in my class along with two attachments.  Can I do this through Canvas?  If so, how do I do it?  If not, I can send a group email to the s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. For years, I've done an assignment that asks students to annotate a document in Microsoft Word using Word comments (e.g., Insert -> Comment). The comments appear in balloons to the right of the text.  Until recently, those comments appeared on...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love the Pass back feature offered that enables us to pass grades from Canvas to our sis Aspen. However, it would be most helpful if there was a filter in Canvas Grades that showed ONLY assignments that were "passed back" to Aspen. That way we coul...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Over the last few years students have told me about the fact that they can view the 6 summary statistics (Mean, Median, Upper Quartile, Lower Quartile, Max, and Min) for their assignments. I know that on the teacher end I can find the min, max, and a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why is the comment section in Speed grader getting worse? When grading I add all my comments on the side. I also save these comments. This year all my comments have no structure, they lost all spaces and paragraphs. Please fix this issue. The comment...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If anyone would like to team up together for this weeks project as a group just reply or like and we can figure out a way to communicate as a group. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please left justify the gradebook columns....there is a lot of wasted space, and I have a lot of columns! Dragging the column to be narrower, keeps this wasted blank space in EVERY column.  It appears it is reserved for displaying the eyeball icon.  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if the present free plan for instructors will be canceled after hearing in the news about Instructure being acquired by KKR. Something similar happened while I was using an LMS similar to this one. I've been utilizing Canvas and have ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When emailing teachers about my child, is there a way to copy someone (her mother) who is in Canvas as well? Thanks, Kenneth

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have so many students leaving their quizzes and opening a new tab and then coming back with the answers that all session logs are just filled with the red x for leaving. Can the quiz shut down and require a new access code if the student leaves the...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why, all of a sudden, do we have a big comment box in Canvas? I liked the box that expanded as needed.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There are common problems with the non-synchronization of the voice and the presentation slide materials.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a Canvas LMS Admin for my institution. Below is a feature request I would like to introduce. Feature Request:We request a new feature in Canvas that allows instructors and administrators to globally download all page views in a course. Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have cross linked multiple sections of classes that meet at different times to make my life easier. I have created online quizzes and would like to use the same one for each section, but I would like for them to only be able to open it via password...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies