Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

When I click 'upload assignment' it just does nothing. I've already tried clearing history and restarting the computer but it didn't change anything. My browser is updated as possible

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like designing tests in Canvas to save time on grading. How do I do to lock the browser or the screen in Canvas so the students can't go to others pages?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I would like to be able to create an html page within canvas that is specific to each student.  For example, for each day, and for each student, I collect the total points they have in the class. For each student, I make a line graph that plot...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This innovation is proposed by Professor David Halahmy at Cypress College:  It would be very helpful to have the overall grade of a student visible while you are on Speedgrader.  Currently, if you want to see the overall grade of your students as you...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Attendance in Canvas iOS mobile app recently displays the desktop screen instead of mobile screen. School LMS does not know the solution.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For the last two or three weeks, when I try to upload any Microsoft Word document, or PowerPoint, or pdf for my AP Environmental Science class, I get the following message: "Something went wrong, check your connection and try again." I have to conver...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and I would like to see my student participation analytics to see when they attended class and the hours they were logged into the classroom.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble with emailing my people in one of my classes. I am not receiving any emails either   Karen M. Lee

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I am trying to add more boxes to the home page of my course however when I copy and paste from another box the link comes of course attached. When I try to edit the link the format of the box disappears   Any tricks ?   Many thanks Alex

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Pretty basic feature, not sure why it's not already implemented....  When students upload files for assessment, there is a limit set by Canvas. Simply, list this limit, next to the submission button.  I can't tell you how many emails I get about file...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

This is my first time posting here. For the past few years I have used the Discussion Count spreadsheet developed by James as a (very big) help for assessing student participation. But now, one frustrating week later, I can't seem to get it to work. ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to access a student's quiz in SpeedGrader, but I'm unable to do so. I just get a spinning wheel. I can access all other student quizzes, but just not this one. Here's what it looks like:   Any idea as to what I can do? Best, Julie

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am an LMS admin and we are moving from Blackboard to Canvas. I configured the Skillsoft LTI 1.1 in Canvas based on the parameters the vendor provided. It's the same Launch URL, key/secret that we use in Blackboard. There are no custom parame...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Suddenly, we are seeing strange behavior from the Savvas external tool integration.  When teachers create the assignment & select "External Tool" submission type, they are able to select Savvas and pick their Savvas assignment. However, when saving t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My teachers are not able to create Google Assignments today. We are able to select "Google LTI" as submission type, access the Google Drive, and select a file.  However, when we press the button to return to Canvas, we receive this error: "One or mor...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a way to add links in the comment section of SpeedGrader? I use a Microsoft Form in an assignment, some students overlook this aspect of the assignment, and I would like to be able to add the link into the comments for incomplete grades.

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I would like to set my courses on Canvas to automatically play some videos in a sequence, that are posted on the modules page. For exemple: One class has 2 videos, I'll put them seperatelly on modules, so that the student can "mark as conclude...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the documentation for the Admins REST API it encourages me to use role_id, but I can see no way to get a valid list of Admin roles and their IDs. Where in the API can I get the valid role_id list of Admin types for a specific subaccount? The obvio...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I uploaded a video and we can not watch the video. Message the Video is uploaded and will appear after processing

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A few faculty members have experienced an issue lately with saving annotations and comments within the SpeedGraders Doc Viewer on file upload submissions. From time-to-time, they will receive this error message.         Canvas Support suggested to t...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an Ed Tech at a university Continuing Ed program and am looking at different LMS systems for our courses. We are looking to sell 100% asynchronous, self-serve courses that allow for an "Amazon-like" consumer experience. The target market is exte...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with downloading everything from Canvas. The context is that I'm a final year uni student and I want to download all my course notes and data, because I will lose access to it after graduat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Moodle they had a very cool feature I miss dearly and I don't think Canvas has it. So I have cross-listed courses (beginning photo 6th, beginning photo 5th, beginning photo 6th). I need to download submissions for their projects (there are 6 files...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently in order to pre-add quiz time to students with accommodations one has to add the time through Moderate Quiz, and that is only available when the quiz is in Published state.  Can this be changed so that ALL quiz settings can be adjusted in U...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not sure if this has been brought up previously, but the moment a quiz is published, students can see the number of questions on the quiz. This should not be a default. I don't want my students to know how many questions are on the exam until they op...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am wondering if assignments can have multiple text entry fields, or if there are plans to add this feature to Canvas assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All of my course cards and banners are gifs, but they no longer animate. I switched them out for Easter, and when I switched back to the original image, it would no longer animate. If I switch back to the Easter picture, it no longer animates either,...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to contact our CSM? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELLO, our instructure canvas "https://americana.instructure.com/" is extremely slow since 12/04, pages takes 20 to even 30 to 45seconds to charge now, can you guys help me see if its a acount problem or a user problem, what can i do?  already tested...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm analyzing API events from Canvas instance.  I see "assignement_group_created" but never "assignment_group_updated".  In a course, I created an assignment group, edited assignments, edited group name, lowest and highest scores, and moved the group...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies