Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a quiz, for which I would like to copy the questions into a specific bank.  The problem is that there are multiple identical questions in the "Unfiled Questions" bank, most of which throw up broken picture links.  How do I determine the specif...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am recently experiencing difficulty with duplicating quizzes.  I have copied a quiz, imported it fresh from my master shell, exported and imported but every time I do it it changes the name of the quizzes before it or deletes quizzes.  Am so frustr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am all of a sudden getting this image and unregistered grades in Canvas. The assignments I grade show as 'new' with an orange dot next to the student's name in the drop-down, and they don't register on the grade sheet.  I must have pushed a button ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students can annotate peer submission with review text inside the DocViewer tool.  Is it possible to retrieve those annotation text data with Canvas data feed or via REST API calls? The submission_comment_fact table does not contain the review texts ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to set up Google as third-party authentication, and I am running into an error on login. To add google as an authorization provider, I followed the steps listed here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-configure-third...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to introduce a toc into my syllabus using anchors: e.g., <h3>Table of Contents</h3><ul><li><a href="#contact">Contact and Consultation</a></li> ... <h2 id="#contact">Contact and Consultation:</h2> ...   When I attempt to follow the link, n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

During assignment submission, there are multiple tabs for different types of files. Is it possible to submit a video recorded through the media file on canvas and also submit a document through the File upload in the same assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a badge?  I was assigned a very offensive badge and would like it removed.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my courses (only one) will not change the language from Spanish to English. I have done everything I can think of to fix this--restart Canvas, browser, computer; clear cookies, history, browser settings. It's happening on both of my classroom ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In secondary schools, some students prefer printed  assessments. In fact, it's an accommodation for some. And sometimes Canvas or the school Wi-Fi is down, so the students aren't able to access assessments online. For these reasons, and also to save ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone know or have experience with Microsoft Teams in Canvas after a course copy? Does one have to go through the install set-up process each semester or quarter? Or does the item copy in and automatically create the new team?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I just wanted to check if the analytics available to admins at an account level is for all users (staff and students) or just students?  Across the top of the page, you get the data for the number of courses, teachers, students etc.  And then you...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am withdrawing from a class. I have to withdraw by tomorrow. I just submitted an end-of-semester review that I want the professors to read after I withdraw. Will they still have access to it after I withdraw?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that can only see the discussion posts of a few of his peers, not all of them. It's the same few people each week. He can also message only those students via Canvas, no one else in the class. Any idea how to fix this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After delivering the quiz, I realize that a fair thing to do would be to make one of the incorrect answers on a multiple-choice question correct, and regrade the test with the additional correct option.  Can I do this in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to look at my quiz summary, I get the throbber for a minute or two, and then this appears.  I've reloaded about a dozen times, and this keeps showing.  What's up?      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I print a graded Classic Quiz for a student without it displaying the correct answers?   I want to use this for test corrections.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school has been getting more and more questions about why the language settings get overwritten. e.g. One of my students in the English classes complained that everything they receive appears in Dutch, while my colleagues of the Dutch classes rec...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I know it is possible to edit availability and due dates for multiple assignments at once, but I can't find a place to achieve the same for modules. I have students complete a module ahead of each class, and in subsequent semesters I would like to be...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I'm an instructional coach working with my AP Gov team. They currently have 1000+ questions over various classic quiz banks. I have already successfully moved specific banks over to the New Quiz Item Banks, but it is super tedious. The process...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If I export a course in Canvas as a .zip file will it include any student information? I have a student who would like the course content for future reference but obviously don't want her to see any student information.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Multiple teachers in my school reported to me over the past week and a half that there grades are not appearing properly in their Canvas course gradebooks.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I asked my teachers to try and do the following trou...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I took an honorlocked exam yesterday and today Canvas decided to not load anything relating to an external link to my assignments and honorlock. Issue right now only for Honorlock and MyMathLab. My exam is today so a response now would be great! I re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community, I am busy setting up my Canvas instance and would like to find out if there is a way to use an animated GIF as the background "image" on my login screen.  I see the recommended file type for the login screen background image is J...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created my video for my assignment with my iPhone however, I have compressed the file and it is still to large for me to submit. It has to be 10 minutes long. What do  I need to do to submit my assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I mark assessments, I make extensive use of the annotation tool, but a student cannot see annotations on previous submissions, if they have to resubmit. Teachers can. Students can't.  If the student does not address all of the issues in their s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to track the edit history of what you wrote on a text box for a canvas quiz? For example, can you track anything that was written then deleted before submitting the quiz? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Backgroud: we use Skyward as our SIS, we also have a policy that if a student is absent due to COVID, they get 20 days to make up their missed work.    We have had some students who were out due to quarantine and received an incomplete for Semester O...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello  I just had a question, we created a quiz in the new quizzes and it would not let us print a blank test, it stayed stuck on the student preview and we could not print the test, please advise.  We are hoping it was just a glitch,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

MY NAME IS MAXINE HANGER AND I HAD WORKED FOR LACOE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS.  I AM NOW RETIRED AND I KEEP GETTING VARIOUS EMAILS TELLING ME ABOUT CANVAS!!  I WANT THIS STOPPED AND I WANT NO COMMUNICATION FROM CANVAS EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!  HOW DO I GET THIS AC...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies