Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

There is a post about using groups with speedgrader. (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-enable-SpeedGrader-to-launch-filtered-by-student-group/ta-p/947) Is there a way to use speedgrader with sections?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As teacher/creator, how do I remove published and unpublished courses of the previous years. Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student and I've tried multiple times to record and upload a video for a discussion assignment using the rich content editor, but each time it tells me it was unable to upload and I lose the entire recording. The assignment states I have to upl...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I record feedback, the controls block the student's work that I need to see. I like recording my feedback as audio, but when I do the audio controls block the student work I'm commenting on. I have to take a screen shot of their work so that I c...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm Clara and I am an administrator at my company's courses here in Brazil. I have just restored a concluded course and I was about to restore some enrollments, but I wasn't able to complete these (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student approached me showing his view of Canvas on his cell phone. For all of his classes, he could see the % of points and then (F).  So for example in my class he had 83% (F). This was causing concern for him as he wasn't sure if this would then...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

via curl PUT api/v1/accounts/Id/external_tools/Id -F 'course_navigation\[default\]=disabled' Response shows "default":"disabled"   However, The Tool remains visible in the Navigation area.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's exponentially easier to grade using a csv in Google Sheets or Excel; however, Canvas' import feature doesn't support importing comments for the grades making it borderline useless for my purposes. I've seen other people have brought this up, has...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, everyone. There seems to be a bug with moderating quizzes. There have been multiple times when I have tried to reopen a quiz, with no luck. The student might even be shown a screen to reopen the quiz. However, when the button is presed, it imm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I access my Google Drive through Canvas, the only folders that appear are those I created myself. I do not see the Shortcuts to folders that were Shared With Me. This is a problem, because those contain documents I might want to add to a mod...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a Canvas endpoint that will report what the numerical grade score is for a manually graded essay question. We usually use the Quiz Submission Questions endpoint to retrieve information about questions that have been graded and scored...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There used to be all sorts of options in the body of the essay to circle, strike-through, comment on a particular word or sentence, and they are gone now. Why were they removed and can we get them back? If I want to circle or note typos or misspelled...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

There are any provision to get one day before modified Courses into Canvas LMS API i just wanted to fetch only updated courses.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Google Assignment LTI 1.3 work with Peer Review?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In my computer, when I click in these options, it does not open the content.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I use a rubric while scoring paper submissions? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We're running into this issue and I'm wondering if anyone else had seen it: When the student uploads one document for an assignment and the instructor provides feedback, if the student uploads an additional document to that assignment, the student th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Discussions in one of our courses aren't showing "Last post at" beneath them. This is happening in all sections of this course. I don't see any difference in the settings between Week 5 and Week 6.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about the order discussions appear on the Index page.  I thought discussions with the most recent posts appeared at the top in date order, then discussions with no posts in the order they were created.   Instead, discussions with no...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like our teachers to be able to see how many papers they've graded each month. I can access this information by using the gradebook history view and filtering it for the dates and by the name of the instructor. Can this information be exported as...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some weird things just started happening yesterday with our SIS update via API. See below for a copy of what we sent to Tier 1.Anyone else seeing this? "I believe there is a problem with the API upload of our SIS CSVs For the past 5+ years, our daily...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

what does it mean when different icons are displayed? ie; rocket ship?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are interested in hiring Canvas or another vendor to produce short tutorials specific to one of our courses. Is this something we can hire Canvas to do or does anyone have any recommendations for this sort of thing?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to follow the procedure for a page title rename, but the page will not rename. Suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just started using passback and noticed that when I sync my grades, that it will affect the points of the assignment in the transfer. In synergy, they allow you to affect the "weighting" of an assignment in a category by changing the number of poin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does new quizzes allow multiple part numeric questions?  Question #1  part a, b, c.... are all numeric answers? It appears it doesn't. This would be nice for STEM instructors.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas won't let me into exam. Keeps asking for access code when one has not been assigned. What can be done to resolve this?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How Am I enrolled for a class one day and then all the suddenly, magically I’m not anymore the next day? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking at Hide LTI by default javascript  -- , how to find LTI Id using LTI 1.x Integrations? (unsure if LTI Id only exists with LTI 1.3 Integrations): https://github.com/KyleCole90/Canvas-Branding/blob/main/Javascript/Hide%20LTI%20by%20default.js

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We have a recurring problem with Canvas Gradebook. Some time after a teacher has published grades for a quiz or assignment, they don't appear in the gradebook column. The column is instead grey, as if the grades were hidden. Opening the threedot-menu...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies