Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi!  Does anyone have experience with how Advise interprets Canvas data, particularly regarding LTI analytics from Canvas/publishers?  We have Advise and Canvas connected and better understand the data such as "Participation" and "Submission" but we'...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@c_russell asked:I was wondering ... Is it possible to have an assignment marked twice and not have the feedback overwritten?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I disable or remove the "design tools" feature from Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,   So, I do realise that each course has a default size limitation of 500MB. But, is there a maximum space limitation? I have some tutors creating videos they want in their courses, and they will definitely run in to space limitations.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a course in the Canvas learning management system. The course has several types of groups. It has discussion groups. It has team project groups. It has pair concept mapping groups. I set each group up such that it has a unique name. For exa...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a Zoom meeting from the Zoom meetings interface in Canvas.  I want to create a new Zoom meeting  for that course. If I delete the first Zoom meeting, do the cloud recordings associated with that meeting also disappear?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted a text comment in Speedgrader using the textbox.  but I cannot see it. I have to download it to see it. That is new and inconvenient.  I do not want to download to see the comment. How can I change it back to displaying the posted comment. T...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to test the API for my job, specifically the OAuth.I created an account as a teacher but I don't have the Admin permissions.How can I set my own account as admin?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I'm seeking assistance with an issue affecting my class with 5090 students. It can take up to 15 minutes to load the gradebook in Canvas. Despite my self-troubleshooting efforts and contacting my company's service desk, the problem persists. He...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There was a great repository of Canvas rubrics at https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/784436 - but now I'm getting an "access denied" message. I loved to send faculty here to find excellent pre-made Canvas rubrics. Does anyone know what happened t...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey all! Hope that you are doing well today. We are working on redesigning one of our courses and are having trouble with text being visible in light mode but invisible in dark mode (this is particularly an issue for mobile Canvas users). I've spent ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any explanation to why my font changes when moving between page edits in Loree and canvas. I am now having to go back and manually edit font (and text colour) for each page. Is there something I'm missing?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I started exploring using Magic School and Brisk, both AI programs for teachers.  I am wondering if other teachers are using these programs and how they might be integrated with Canvas?  For example Magic School Plus mentions a one-click export into ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When attempting to pull a rubric from saved rubrics it gives a master list of all old rubrics, however the list is sorted by course title. This is very inefficient. I am most likely to reuse a rubric from the current course and that course should be ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In trying to fine tune some account permissions & roles, we are wanting to give the ability for a faculty member to add a support person to their course in an observer role to help consult or troubleshoot their course, but we don't faculty to be able...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way for teachers to see all student homework/classwork calendars when "Acting as User" in the student view? Currently, as a teacher trying to view all of the homework/classwork that my students have, I cannot see their entire workload. I c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to enroll an user through the API using the following endpointPOST /api/v1/sections/:section_id/enrollmentsHowever I'm getting a 400 response with the following body message{:message=>"Can't add an enrollment to a concluded course."} But w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to reopen assignments for a student to redo, it tells me to go to the score button, i cannot find that tab 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to access McGraw Hill Connect for the first time through a course assignment. Attached is a screenshot of the error message I get when I attempt. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,How do I upload completed 'letter to GOD' orientation assignment to canvas from my Mac? Do I have to have Microsoft office word first to do that?Thanks,Vivencio Fresnido

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students respond to a survey at the beginning of the semester indicating things about themselves like favorite food, sports teams, etc. Then, during the semester, I use these responses to personalize the questions in my assignments using the s...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am a Canvas admin looking into setting up user groups for my campus. Can the group homepage navigation items be customized for different user groups at the account level? For example, groups would be useful for our school for distributing resources...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating assignments with multiple tasks. I would like students to annotate a document, answer a question in a text box, and upload a picture of a project. Is this possible or do I need to separate each task?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just noticed another glitch in the Canvas messaging system as well. Now, when you utilize the search bar option by student name, you have to search the inbox, sent box and archived box each separately to locate a message you may have sent or receiv...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Canvas Community, Is there a setting to enable "Automatically apply grade for missing submissions" in the Gradebook settings, or do we have to do some tricky programming to force that on for all courses by default? We would also like to set the...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I accidently deleted the list of upcoming assignments from my online Philosophy class. How can I get them back??Thanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to find exact wording for the minimum Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Reader version specifications that students need for Canvas. I had a faculty ask and I am only able to find the computer browser/app guidelines. Would someone send ove...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to change what apps appear in the RCE by default so I can eliminate clicks for students to get to Studio. How do I do I get rid of Discover Ed and add Canvas Studio?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am our institution's Canvas admin and I am trying to figure out how to have student email addresses be displayed in the class list for an instructor in one particular class. I found this permission that we already have enabled called "Users - view ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of our instructors reported an issue with the equation editor. Directly Edit LaTeX keeps turning on when he is typing in an equation. Whenever I attempt to enter upper case R with subscript eq (i.e., Req), the problem occurs.  Here are the steps ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies