Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Why can't an observer see a TO-DO list just like the student. This would be invaluable as a parent. I do not see this option on the website on my chromebook or in my iOS phone app. Please add this option if it truly isn't available for observers.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a brand new Samsung Chromebook 3 that is fully updated. When I find the app in google app store, it says I don't have a compatible device. Why is this? How can I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone and welcome to class. Does anyone know if the textbooks for this course are available on the USA library? Thanks Kemi  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete columns in the gradebook---as those Assignments are no longer relevant??? thanks cjw

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As of March 10, 2021 I stopped receiving notifications from my Parent Canvas account with not changes to Account Notification Settings.  My husband still receives from his account.  I've checked junk/spam and nothing there.  I'm mostly concerned with...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We have a professor who's looking to have multiple questions on a quiz for a specific reading but only require the students to answer one of the questions correctly.  I'm pretty sure the only way to do this would be to manually grade the successful q...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Colleagues, A couple of questions related to system security. 1) Does Instructure have any sort of log-tracking in case someone gains access to our system and does any damage? 2) If someone were to delete all courses from the system, does Instructure...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a question to those who use Zoom inside Canvas, if a participant is removed from a reoccurring meeting, can the participant rejoin future reoccurring meetings?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm a student that is having a problem seeing assignment descriptions.  In all of my courses, I'm having a problem when I click on a quiz/test. The description that the teacher put in for the assignment shows for about a second, then disappea...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, It seems like Canvas is currently unable to upload webcam videos. Using a Mac with Safari & Chrome and different laptops there is issue, Safari just exists the webcam window when trying to save and Chrome gives an "Something went wrong accessi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to find through the API, Canvas Data, or Admin reports the various assigned items to a permissions role?  For example, I would like to have a report that shows each role and what specific permissions are assigned to that role. This way...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Thanks for looking at my post. I am stuck with text editing. How do I delete the blank lines for the recommended text? Backspacing doesn't work, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change paragraph spacing with the text editor.

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

As an online student, How do I sign in for attendance? thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  I'm trying to create new courses via the API but I'm getting an error that indicates the course already exists. I cannot find the course if I use the UI. I've used the API to build a list of courses and the course is not in the returned list. The...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Stephanie, I'm really lost (obviously) trying to find my way around Instructure/Community.Canvaslms etc. Came here really just to track down phrase express ideas/help/comments that I randomly saw when doing search. . . Are you aware of courses built ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know if there's anything I can do from my end or if I need to contact my teachers but I am afraid I will miss something important for my classes.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set it up where the students can answer and return it to me?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have several assignments that I have set "not available until XYZ (date)".  I would like to view them from the students perspective.  When I enter student view, I am denied access becasue it is locked by the instructor.   I figured I could go in an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am going over my older courses - mine are compliance courses, not academic courses, so I hang onto all courses for three years. I am looking over courses that I still need to have access to, but the most important part for me is the gradebook histo...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In Classic quizzes, the number of points would automatically update based on the point values in the questions I added. However, this does not seem to happen in the New Quizzes.  It stays at "zero" (the default) regardless of the actual point value o...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I have read about the Google App LTI upgrade that is coming soonish, ~ Sept 1 or later. I am one of the Admins for our school account. I couldn't access Collaboration at Teacher orientation for demonstrationr purposes using the Google app that wa...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Which are the steps to unite all the tiles in one?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday I published a discussion page which looks fine on my end, but when my students land on it they see nothing. Thoughts?  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have successfully submitted my assignment in Word Document format (54KB) on Canvas, however I am not able to view the similarity report icon. Kindly advise. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all! I am currently maintaining an LTI application that toggles the publish status of Canvas courses. Recently we've started having an issue with the API endpoint for updating course info (PUT /api/v1/courses/:id).  When attempting to unpublish a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use the Canvas APi to search for a user by their defined communication channels? For example, if I have an app where a user enters their phone number I want to ensure that there is a valid user in Canvas with that phone number befor...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are Google Docs Cloud Assignments still supported?  We were told that Canvas was not going to support them as of August 1, 2021, but I have them as an option in my Assignment External Tools. I like the simple functionality the Google Docs Cloud Assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to repeat global announcements?  For example; we have a weekly video series with a live feed.  Instead of copy/pasting and creating 52 separate announcements with start and end dates, is there a way to setup a recurring announcement ev...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies