How do I use Canvas Studio video quizzing in a course?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 1, 2019Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jul 2, 2019
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Canvas Studio Video Quizzing provides instructors, teacher assistances (TAs), designers, and Studio account admins with a simple way to create engaging and impactful learning experiences through video. Instructors, TAs, designers, and Studio account admins can engage students using a video with questions to evaluate how well students are comprehending the video content.

As an instructor, TA, designer, or Studio account admin, you can create and embed video quizzes in Canvas. As a user, you can take embedded video quizzes. This gives students an interactive video learning experience that provides feedback to help them monitor their own understanding of the video content.

Notes:

• Quizzes must be created from your My Uploads page.
  • Once a version of a quiz has been embedded or taken, it cannot be edited.
  • If the quiz creation option does not display in Studio, this feature has not been enabled in your account. Please contact your admin for more information.

View Uploads

View Uploads

On your My Uploads page, you can view all your uploaded media.

View Media to Create Quiz

View Media to Create Quiz

Locate the media to base your quiz on, click the Options icon [1], click the Create Quiz link [2], and create your quiz.

View Media with Quiz

View Quiz

Locate the media with the created quiz.

Click the Options icon [1], hover over the Quizzes link [2], and then view the name of the created quiz [3].

For users to take the quiz, the media must be embedded in Canvas.

View Quiz

View Quiz

As you play the media, answer the questions that are displayed in the media timeline. To play the relevant portion of the media again, click the Re-watch button [1]. To continue playing the media, click the Continue button [2].

View Results

View Results

Instructors, TAs, designers, and Studio account admins can view quiz results. Users can view their individual quiz results.

You are here
Table of Contents > Canvas and Studio > How do I use Canvas Studio video quizzing in a course?

Attachments

Outcomes