How do I set my comment notification preferences for Canvas Studio video comments?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jul 2, 2019
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

If you are an instructor or a Studio content author, you can receive notifications for comments posted to a video in your Studio account.

Students, TAs, instructors, course designers, and other users who post video comments can receive notifications when another user replies to their comment.

You can subscribe to video comment notifications in the Comments tab. Notifications are sent to your default email address.

Locate Media

Locate media

In your Canvas Studio account, locate the media you want to view. You can view specific media in the Navigation Menu [1], or search for the media in the search field [2].

Open Media

Open Media

Click the media thumbnail.

View Comments

View Comments

Click the Comments tab.

Subscribe to Comments

Subscribe to Comments

Instructors and authors can receive notifications when a user comments on a video.

To subscribe to notifications for all comments posted to a video, enable the Subscribe to comments option.

Unsubscribe to Comments

Unsubscribe to Comments

To unsubscribe from notifications for all comments posted to a video, disable the Subscribe to comments option.

Subscribe to Individual Comment

Subscribe to Individual Comments

Users who post comments to a video, including students, teachers, TAs, and course designers can receive notifications when a user replies to their video comment.

To receive notifications for replies to a comment you posted, click the Turn reply notifications on icon.

Unsubscribe to Individual Comment

Unsubscribe to Individual Comments

To disable notifications for replies to your video comment, click the Turn reply notifications off icon.

You are here
Table of Contents > Studio Account > How do I set my comment notification preferences for Canvas Studio video comments?

Attachments

Outcomes