If you are new to Canvas, this page will provide you with some essential resources so you can create an account, familiarize yourself with Canvas, and participate in your Canvas courses.
The Canvas Student Guide has over 200 lessons that each answer a question that relates to using the Canvas interface as a student. Included below is a selection of lessons that will introduce you to the basics of Canvas. Each lesson also includes Next and Previous links so you can easily navigate to related content.
Before you can do anything in Canvas, you'll need an account and the URL for your institution's Canvas website. View the lessons below for help with setting up your account, logging in, and managing your user settings.
- How do I edit my profile in my user account as a student
- How do I change the settings in my user account as a student?
Once your account is set up, take a minute to familiarize yourself with the Canvas user interface. The lessons below will show you how to navigate Canvas and use a few of the tools that link across all your courses.
- How do I use the Inbox as a student?
- How do I use the Calendar as a student?
- How do I use Files as a student?
- How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I add and modify text in the New Rich Content Editor as a student?
Within a Canvas course, you can submit assignments, participate in discussions, view grades, and collaborate with other students. What is available in your course will depend on what has been implemented by your instructor. View the lessons below for some of the basics of Canvas courses.
Canvas Student App
Canvas also has a free mobile app available for iOS and Android that is specifically tailored to students. View information about the Student app below.