Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Missions, points, and badges in Community

Jump to solution

Hey everyone,

Sometimes when I look at the missions in Community I'm not sure WHERE I'm supposed to put that content. Like the V@lentine task -where do I actually *make* that comment.

Also, the blog posts (e.g. Scholar). Do I create/post to a personal blog within Community? My page says that I don't have one. Or do I post to a group somewhere?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 3.45.48 PM.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

lse224​, these two guides should help answer your questions - What are the Canvas Community missions? & What types of badges are available in the Community?

For Scholar it states, "Your blog posts are always full of insightful commentary. Write 25 blog posts and accumulate over 1000+ views across all blog posts." There's no way to create a personal blog post (under your profile), so instead you'd go to one of the many different groups in the Community - Join Groups - and join some that interest you. You could then create/add blogs within these different groups.

I looked for the Valentine challenge and I don't see it on the list, but the direct link is here - You had us @ mention (I just did a search in the Community for Valentine and it came right up).

In addition, since this isn't actually a question about Canvas, I'm going to move it over to the Meta Community Group​, which is designated as the place for all questions/things about the Community (not actually about Canvas).

Hope this helps and enjoy your missions! They are definitely addicting!!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

lse224​, these two guides should help answer your questions - What are the Canvas Community missions? & What types of badges are available in the Community?

For Scholar it states, "Your blog posts are always full of insightful commentary. Write 25 blog posts and accumulate over 1000+ views across all blog posts." There's no way to create a personal blog post (under your profile), so instead you'd go to one of the many different groups in the Community - Join Groups - and join some that interest you. You could then create/add blogs within these different groups.

I looked for the Valentine challenge and I don't see it on the list, but the direct link is here - You had us @ mention (I just did a search in the Community for Valentine and it came right up).

In addition, since this isn't actually a question about Canvas, I'm going to move it over to the Meta Community Group​, which is designated as the place for all questions/things about the Community (not actually about Canvas).

Hope this helps and enjoy your missions! They are definitely addicting!!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

If there aren't personal/individual blogs, what does this mean on my home page?

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 4.09.04 PM.png

Highlighted

Hi Lea,

We actually have personal blogs turned off for most community members but people can make blog posts in various places within the community.  The question was/is whether we'd rather have people creating content associated with their own profile or whether we'd like for them to create content within the context of various groups and spaces.  Does that make sense?

Highlighted

It does, thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Community Member

I also did a search for Valentine, and it didn't come up - probably because it was in a group I wasn't in.