Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misemer4

Pending Tickets

Jump to solution

Where do I find the status of a submitted ticket?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello  @misemer4 ​,

Once you have filed a support ticket, all of your interactions with that ticket will happen via email.  When the ticket status changes, you will get an email.  If you think you have missed a detail, you can always reply to the email that was generated when you created the ticket, asking for an update.  All of this presupposes that your institution is using ServiceCloud, the default support system for Canvas, rather than replacing Service Cloud with another local system. (In your case, your institution *is* using Service Cloud, and as a faculty member, your cases are coming directly to Canvas Support.)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello  @misemer4 ​,

Once you have filed a support ticket, all of your interactions with that ticket will happen via email.  When the ticket status changes, you will get an email.  If you think you have missed a detail, you can always reply to the email that was generated when you created the ticket, asking for an update.  All of this presupposes that your institution is using ServiceCloud, the default support system for Canvas, rather than replacing Service Cloud with another local system. (In your case, your institution *is* using Service Cloud, and as a faculty member, your cases are coming directly to Canvas Support.)

kmckelvey

Do you only get an email when the ticket status changes or should you get one as confirmation?

Good Morning  @kmckelvey ​,

I do not believe that users receive a confirmation email after submitting a ticket.  It is also true that while some institutions have what we call Tier 1 support, at most Canvas using institutions help tickets first go to a local support desk where local personnel first attempt to address the issue and then escalate it to Canvas Support only if they cannot resolve the issue locally. 

Kaylie,

I was able to check and see that your ticket did make it to the Tier 1 queue.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for checking  @scottdennis , I have raised a few issues today as we also keep track of our issues in Jira and I am doing a backlog of them.

An automatic confirmation email would be very useful for this reason as we use a canvas reference number to help clarify a link between issues.  If not an automatic email then a pop up screen after an issue has bee submitted with the ref would be very useful.  Is this something I need to raise to be voted on?

Hi Kaylie,

The support ticketing system that we recently migrated to is a separate system from Canvas and from the Canvas Community (I'm guessing you knew that but wanted to be clear for anyone else reading this).  As far as feedback on the help ticketing goes, Institutional admins have access to a ticketing system space here in the community where they can provide feedback and make suggestions.  If someone who is not an institutional admin reads this and wants to leave feedback, we'll be happy to pass it along.

Thanks,

SD