How do I view and manage media files shared with me and others in Canvas Studio?

You can view media shared with you in your Shared with Me library. If media is shared with you, you can view the list of groups and individuals with whom the media is also shared, share the media, or manage your shared access, including removing your own access. If you added the media to Studio, or if you can edit a media file that is shared with you, you can also manage shared access for all others with whom the file is shared.

If media is shared with you, you can also create a copy of it in your own library.

Open Shared With Me

Open Shared With Me

In Canvas Studio, click the Navigation Menu icon [1], then click the Shared with Me link [2].

Open Share Media

Open Share Media

On the Shared with Me page, locate the media and click the Options icon [1]. Then click the Share Media link [2].

Note: You can also share media from your library and in the Studio Media Player Options menu.

View Shared With List

View Shared With List

View the groups and individuals with whom the media is shared in the Shared with list [1].

You can also share the media with other users and groups [2].

Note: If the media is shared to you with Can View access only [3], you can share the media with other users and groups. However, you can only share it with Can View access.

Manage Media Access

Manage Media Access

To manage your own access to the media, click the Sharing Access drop-down menu [1].  

If the file was shared to you with Can View access [2], you cannot select the the Can Edit option [3].

To remove your shared access, click the Revoke Access option [4].

Manage Others' Media Access

Manage Media Access

If you added the media to Studio or if it is shared to you with edit access, you can manage others' shared access.

In the Shared with section, locate the user or group in the list. Then click the Sharing Access drop-down menu [1].  

To allow another user to view, copy, and share the media, select the Can View option [2].

To allow another user to view, edit, delete, download, copy, and share the media, select the Can Edit option [3].

To remove a user's shared access, click the Revoke Access option [4].

Update Shared Media

Update Shared Media

Click the Update button.

Create Copy

Create Copy

On the Shared with Me page, you can copy media to your own library. Click the Options icon [1], then click the Copy to My Library link [2].

Save Copy

Save Copy

Enter a title for the media in the Media Title field [1].

To specify a location for the copy, click the Destination drop-down menu, and select the My Library or a course location option [2].

To save the copy, click the Save button [3].