cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Canvas Studio?

What is Canvas Studio?

Canvas Studio is a communication tool that allows instructors and students to actively collaborate through video and audio media. Learn more about Studio on the Studio website.

Students and Instructor Engagement

Students and Instructor Engagement

Studio's interface lets students and instructors engage with media content by commenting directly on the media timeline. Students can learn from each other's insights as well as from the instructor's direction and feedback.

Comments are noted with the posting time and date, along with the aligned time in the media. Comments can also be shown as inline comments in the timeline while viewing the media. Users can also post replies to comments as well, which can supplement the comments and are not part of the timeline display.

Asset Management

In a Studio account, Studio's asset management automatically organizes media to help users find content easily.

For instructors, any media added to a course is created as a separate collection so they can tag media for better organization and searchability.

Analytics

Analytics

Media owners can also view media engagement through user analytics. Unlike other media sites, Studio analyzes views on a per-user basis.

Studio's analytics allow instructors and administrators to quickly and easily analyze the media students are viewing, how long they are viewing, and when they stop viewing. This information allows instructors to optimize media to communicate critical information more effectively and monitor student behavior.

Canvas Integration

Canvas Integration

Studio integrates with Canvas for a seamless learning experience. Studio media can be embedded in the Rich Content Editor, which is available in multiple feature areas including Assignments, Discussions, and Pages.

Comments

Why can not upload my Studio Document which has selected questions within the video? I see the Document in my Studio but when I chose ACR it is there but not the version where I typed all the questions in. See pics below.

hannahloper1_2-1597144581996.png

This is the video I want to upload. It has the airplane in the top right corner.

However when I click on Arc external tool it shows me this below. No airplane!

hannahloper1_1-1597144517570.png

The first pic does not have the airplane. This is what is uploading and not the one I want.

Canvas Studio is not allowing my to upload my videos. I create one, but then I can't upload it because it says I have restricted access (I'm doing this from my personal computer). Can someone help with this? 

Hi @hannahloper1,

Do you have multiple copies of the video in your Studio account? The quiz might be saved to a copy of the video in a collection or in your shared videos. When you find the copy with the quiz attached, you should see a tab to select the quiz. 

Thanks,

Emily 

Hi @ligienau,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble uploading a video. If you are have successfully uploaded videos on another computer, I would recommend reaching out to Canvas Support to see why you can't on your personal computer. 

Thanks,

Emily

This looks awesome, and I cannot wait to give it a spin. Can documents be uploaded?

I already see how this can be helpful for student comments (which I provide via video). 

Cheers,
Andrew

I never used Canvas studio but  I will try Canvas Studio communication to actively collaborate through video and audio media with my students.

Please let us know if you have any questions as you start using Canvas Studio, @suman_bhatt!  

Hi @ASKranzman , thank you for your comment! You can only upload audio and video files in Studio, but not document files. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Thanks,
Tami

Hello there, I'm trying to understand if it is possible to download the complete video file that I have recorded, captioned, and saved in Canvas studio. For some reason, when I click on the video in Canvas studio, and then click on the download button, it downloads the video--but all the captions are missing.  Is there a way to get the video with the captions??

Thanks for your question, @cyndy-phillips. The video and captions can be downloaded separately, but not as one file. 

Thanks,

Emily

My district just started with Canvas and I have been exploring Studio.  I clicked on the Studio Settings and saw under the heading of Integrations the text: "These are third-party applications you have authorized to access the Studio site on your behalf"...  However, I cannot seem to find any list of available third party apps for Studio.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Studio has been great to work with but I am always looking for ways to improve the experience.  Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks, @emily_allen ...and how would I do that (download the captions)? When I click on the download button on the video, it only downloads the video and doesn't give me any other options to download the captions....

Cyndy

Hi @cyndy-phillips, you can download the caption file from the Captions tab on a video. Please take a look at the View Caption Options step in this lesson for more details.

Thanks!

Emily

Hi @mlgrotti , thank you for your question! You can explore the available API integration creation options for Studio here: https://testu.instructuremedia.com/api/public/docs/#/

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,

Tami

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎09-03-2020 12:39 PM
Updated by: