Canvas Instructional Designers Discussions

Canvas Instructional Designers questions and discussion forum

What is the latest progress on incorporating the Rich Text Editor in messages or course emails?Our institution primarily communicates via Canvas messages and email. We need more formatting options when sending messages to students. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,I was wondering if anyone can share their experience whether KICA assessment framework ( Knoweledge and understanding, Inquiry, communication and Application)  can be implemented in Canvas.  How can one assignment incorporate these ski...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When in pages, inserting an image only has "upload image" or "user images" as options. How do I get "course images" as a choice? When uploading an image, they have been automatically saving to my user files instead of the course files as wel.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone provide instructions on how to upload Rubrics created in Microsoft Excel? Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, everyone! I'm having trouble finding a feature that prevents teachers from changing their Front Page selection on their Blueprint courses. We'd like to maintain a consistent student/parent user experience for each course's Home Page when they...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all,I’ve been trying to create an import by converting a CSV file to a QTI file so that it creates a classic quiz and so far I’ve managed to have a quiz created with these types of questions:-Multiple choice (MC)-Multiple answers (MR)-True/False (...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Just started back up with Canvas for my organization.  I've noticed that Unsplash isn't there, so what do you use for stock images in Canvas now? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can only instructors get access to the conversion tool of PDF or document, changing it into the alternate download form of mp3 or audio file?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Assume I create an individual assignment--Let's call it "Homework One."  I assign it for 4 students to do individually, due on April 1. (This is NOT a group assignment!)  In the Canvas calendar on April 1, each student will see this exact wording, in...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create group assignments so that everyone can see the grades and the feedback provided on an assignment?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The teachers in my department collaborated to create a centralized repository of resources for our students as a standalone course.  We would like to create a link from each of our courses to this repository of resources.  I would like to know what i...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have some rubrics made in the Canvas course I am working on. When I want to attach one of those rubrics to an assignment I have created, Canvas makes me search through all of the courses I have taught. Is there a way to filter this to just see the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach high school science--usually chemistry but occasionally I'll be handed a couple sections of something else. Also, I'm in Texas, and we're adopting new-to-us standards in the fall (about a decade behind NGSS). When my district first switched t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is building quizzes so darn hard in your platform??  Please, allow viewing the answers for MORE THAN 25 QUESTIONS!  Please, allow editing to happen on full scale, clicking the darn pencil for each edit is so obnoxious when I need to edit 25 asses...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm an admin and wondering if there is a solution for archiving old courses. In our district we have courses from 2017 so our list is very long. I’m aware of the new K16 archiving solution but was wondering if it is possible to do it outside o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I am interested in acquiring expertise in the technical aspects of what is possible in canvas, but I'm not sure where to get started learning. Is there a set of videos or technical reference document on how to do all of the possible things wi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, I am wondering, after setting up a requirement, for example, 'mark as done' on specific pages, if I need to report on how many students have completed which pages, is there any data or a download available that shows how many students ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When working with multiple sections of the same course, we created "course shells" within Canvas for each course and only gave access to the subject matter expert (who was not the same as the faculty/instructor). We only created one weekly Rise modul...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The update completed in the last 24 hours, reduced the size of the vertical and horizontal scroll bars in the gradebook.  They are VERY hard to grab with a mouse and are increasing the time it takes to grade my student's work.  All the teachers in my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone!We are in the process of starting a new school, and we will be using Edmentum Courseware for our curriculum and building it into Canvas.  I’ve already set up the LTI link between the two, and I’m able to populate content into Canvas using...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am building a course and the Admin. want my photo and name remove. It has no students at this stage but I cannot seem to remove the photo or name. I understand it will not likely remain at after the course copy stage but this is causing stress from...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have been checking the settings if there is a way to enable or disable the Student Interaction Report option when accessed through 'People' in a course as it is not showing on my end. Please see attached screenshot below.    I am able to access...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any possibility of enrolling multiple users to a course through Canvas live APIs.If yes , How to do that ?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is anyone using Canvas for rank, tenure, promotion?   We have been using a commercial product which is a considerable financial outlay as well as a substantial cost in human capital.  We think Canvas could be a solution to the issue.  We could ideall...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! While participating in an open-access course, I came upon a submission panel (widget?) that enables drag and drop file uploads. I've attached a screenshot. Can anyone point me towards the source? I sent the screenshot to my college's Canvas ad...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble with Ally. The gas gauge icon that normally appears on an image after adding to a page or as an icon in Files is not appearing. I've refreshed multiple times, logged out and back in, and that does not fix the issue. I can see the A...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!I work in accessibility of online courses.  I recommend instructors write alternative text to be as extensive as needed to relay the essential detail or data of an image or graphic to students. While Canvas has an excellent platform that allows...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When enabling tasks for specific users after the task expiration closes, these results have been overwritten for the original task. How can I recover the original results?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My use case is to search a list courses that contain Classic Quizzes and to list any Quizzes that have "shuffle_answers":true and that contain one or more questions that have "All of the above" as a answer or distractor. Unfortunately we have thousan...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies