cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I integrate Google Analytics with my institution's Canvas Catalog?

Find your school's Canvas URL

To find your school or institution's Canvas URL, begin typing the name of your school/institution. Results will appear after you type at least 3 characters. For best results be as specific as possible. If you can't find your school, try using any part of your school's name or searching for your school district or state. You may also need to search for the school using the acronym or full name, for example "USU" and "Utah State University".

How do I integrate Google Analytics with my institution's Canvas Catalog?

As a Catalog admin, you can integrate Google Analytics with your domain Catalog by adding your Google Analytics ID to the Catalog settings.

Notes: 

• Google Analytics IDs can only be added at the root account and to the domain Catalog. Google Analytics cannot be integrated in a subcatalog.
  • To integrate Google Analytics, you must know your Google Analytics Measurement ID or UA ID.
  • Starting in 2023, Universal Analytics will no longer process data. Switch to a Google Analytics 4 ID as soon as possible.

Open Admin

Open Admin

In the User Menu, click the Admin link.

Open Catalogs

Open Promotions

Click the Catalogs link.

Open Domain Catalog  

Click the name of the root catalog.

Enter Google Analytics ID  

Enable Canvas Enrollment Sync

Enter the Google Analytics ID in the Google Analytics Tracking/Measurement ID field.

Notes:

• Starting in 2023, Universal Analytics will no longer process data. Switch to a Google Analytics 4 ID as soon as possible.
  • Google Analytics IDs can only be added at the root account and to the domain Catalog. Google Analytics cannot be integrated in a subcatalog.

Save Catalog Info

Save Catalog Info

Click the Save button.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Labels
Have a question about Canvas Catalog? Ask in the Q&A forum:
Embed this guide in your Canvas course:

Note: You can only embed guides in Canvas courses. Embedding on other sites is not supported.