Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello I would like to have a speedgrader search function where I can search for a student instead of going through all the students. I would also like the students' last names to appear first in alphabetical order. Is this something that can be arran...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is is currently possible to have more than 1 item bank in a "larger" item bank (like folders within folders)? My vision as I'm making a quiz in New Quizzes is that there are 2 versions of a question, and students will randomly get one of those versio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi When annotating on ipad using the ipencil i have found the document bounces around on the screen making it difficult to cleave a clear comment / annotation How can i fix this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It takes way too much time to manually mark assignments as "Missing". I don't understand why Canvas has not added this simple, standard grading option for the Grades that would save most teachers a lot of time when grading assignments with no submiss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear community, I am new to Canvas and its API.  As many others here, I would like to be able to disable and enable my users temporarily. AFAIK there is no direct API call for this so my idea is the following: - Search user by its SIS ID (which is id...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have seen a few posts about this but not a full answer anywhere.  We are looking to fully brand our Canvas instance to match our university fonts as we roll out our new university website as well.  I was curious if anyone has already done this and ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

why can't I log into my account? I just reset my password and the account is already open

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I go about finding my Customer Success Manager, I took over as the IT Manager for my district and they have not had anyone managing this area directly for about 2 years. I have sent multiple tickets request via the help button in canvas but ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi, all. My colleagues and I noticed a strange behavior in Canvas recently.  If a section from one course (say, ID=1) gets cross-listed to another course (ID=2) and subsequently gets re-cross-listed back to the original course (again, ID=1), the Canv...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Morning -- I have set up MasteryPaths in a course and when I tested each path (in student view), I discovered that the scores are not opening the correct path.  For example, as a student, I scored a 20/100 in the Prior Knowledge quiz and the correct ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Oh I love problems like this.... not! So one of our lecturers on our new install of Canvas was uploading a timetable in Excel format to her course and finds that the document viewer within Canvas is reinterpretting her file into MM/DD/YY format. So s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello! My institution is looking to implement account-level groups, rather than create courses for each individual group set. The thought is that each major could have a group to connect students with internships, jobs, and other extracurricular oppo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, please see below picture.  What I'm trying to do is change that thin green bar and iconography to a different color (orange, if that's relevant).  I've managed to change the colors of the entire classroom using the Themes page, but there were ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to delete emails?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Jag, lärare och administratör för mina kurser, har lyckats skriva in lärandemål som jag sen inte vill använda mig av och skapade en grupp där jag fick en bättre struktur på lärandemålen för min kurs. Nu vill jag städa upp och ta bort de felaktiga lär...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We dont like to release our marked exams to students. Is there a way to customize the quiz feedback so that students get preset feedback for each question in the quiz? The feedback would consist of a brief sentence stating the topic of the question, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, We would love to be able to run attendance reports at the account level, not just the course level. Is this possible? Thank you for your time.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I register for the certificate program for DEI at USF?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Helps you find your classes

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Regarding the first problem, my Canvas storage was full, so I deleted some photos from Files. I accidentally deleted some needed photos. Is it possible to undo these photos when deleted from Files? For the second problem, my class uses the new...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It says I've only used one attempt but there's no way for me to retake the test, it only lets me see if my answers are wrong or not. I have the correct answers now and there's only an option to review results after I launch the external tool. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's a very cool bookmarklet. Click and drag to your Bookmarks toolbar to install it. "ANDI is an open source project created by the Accessible Solutions Branch of the Social Security Administration."  I use it in conjunction with the Canvas Accessib...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

An orange floating question mark has recently appeared in the lower right of the screen on all pages on Canvas. (I'm using Free-for-Teachers) It is extremely in the way, especially when using SpeedGrader, as it is right on top of the Submit button. I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For years all of my hyperlinked text in the RCE would turn blue. For some reason it is no longer blue, but just regular black text. I have searched the guides and cannot figure out why or how to revert it back. Any information on how I can get the hy...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am signed up to take the arts professional development  now what

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the past, I utilized the message area Assignment Comments in Speedgrader frequently. Replies were also visible there, which was great. If students 'forgot' part of a submission, they could attach the file to the message, and there it was, in one p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am the root admin and cannot find how to share a rubric that I created at the account level... I attempted to import specific content into the course, however the only 2 viable options in the menu options I am familiar with, copy a canvas cours...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

September 1, 2021 has come and gone, but Google Doc Cloud Assignments is still here. Is it here to stay? It is so much better than Google Assignments. I hope Google Doc Cloud Assignments is here to stay! Can someone from Canvas please reply to this m...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Today I was informed that by posting a question on this page I received a digital badge. I love digital badges and find them to have motivational qualities. However, for posting a question/criticism I received the badge of "Vulnerable". That is a hor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies