Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Issue: subtitle file not uploading for video files within a page   The videos have been uploaded to a Canvas course and organized on a page. When clicking on "Video Options" the panel comes up and allows a subtitle language and file to be chosen. Aft...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to disable the calendar.  How do I do that?   Prof Carman

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to keep a module turn on, but keep students from seeing it? We import publisher content and then link directly to a page. The module must be on so students can access the content within the page links, but we don't want students going ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I’m using Ruby on Rails 2.3.14 to develop Canvas LMS in development and staging environments before using Capistrano to deploy updates to staging from Git repo and have confirmed all updated code deploys successfully. During the initial setup on deve...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm following a node/express course and the instructure has written the below error handler code and I get the error: Unexpected block statement surrounding arrow body; move the returned value immediately after the =>.eslintarrow-body-style Any ideas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am following https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki/Kaltura-setup-instructions to install Kaltura. But I am getting issue in sudo php install.php step. sneha@SCS-I82:~/Downloads/kalturaCE_v3.0.0-instructure$ sudo php install.php [sudo] pass...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Im trying to add a question with HTML content to a quiz using canvas api - see below for full call question type is essay question - and the question text is HTML. when i view this in canvas i see all the HTML formatting. I see in the canvas UI t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Judging from the What types of files can be previewed in Canvas? guide, the kind of preview one gets in Speedgrader seems to be determined entirely by what extension the uploaded file has—often a useful default, but definitely not something which wor...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, I have the following scenario attached. The question that I have is: How do I show the Assignment Group 1, which equates to 30% of the grade, to show the true value of 22.9% and not the arbitrary value of 73 points.Thanks for your assistan...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi  When composing a message the windows are to small. For instance, It is almost impossible to see which course is which. Especially if the courses have similar names.  Why not make a window that adapts to content. Or is there a way to get around th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,  I am using New Quizzes and have taken a quiz that includes 2 essay questions. During setting up the quiz, I must have assigned the wrong point value for the questions, and now I want to change it. The students have already taken the quiz with th...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I see the titles of my item banks, the last time they were updated, the number of questions for each bank, and the words "0 associated across 0 stimuli." What does that mean - 0 associated across 0 stimuli?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,  A student messaged me today about my course, and when I logged into my account, everything was gone. All I have left is Your Guided Course template, and all the courses I have created was gone. Does anyone know why this happened and how I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to delete files from inside an *.imscc file?  I have an instructor who is bringing over a course from another university that is 6.75 GB, which is over our maximum 5 GB course size.  I renamed the imscc file as a zip file so that I can...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I am new to Canvas and current building my courses.  I discovered that there is a limit of 50 questions for the classic quizzes.  Is there a limit for the New Quiz feature? Is there a way to raise the question limit?   Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My partner teacher recently created a new Discussion topic. I can view this topic when I click on "Discussions," but on the course landing page it does not appear. Yes, the topic is published. I've attached screenshots of both the course landing page...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have two sections of the same course and need to transfer half the students into the new section.  How do I move the students? Thank you, Stephen Jaqua

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We currently have a free account and are needing to do a CSV user import into our new paid account. I (admin) have created the CSV file following the CSV formatting guidelines provided by the Implementation course and every time I do the import it sa...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. I am finding that it is time consuming to work out exactly who the student is that is messaging me. Running multiple courses across multiple states, sometimes I will get a message from simply a "James". There could be 25+ James's across the vario...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When and where are semester final grades posted?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The toolbox has disappeared. The toolbox is correctly selected in the window menu and in the configuration center. I'm using Win 11 and two screens.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If we change the root account name, does anyone (especially if you're a developer) know what might go wrong? I'm particularly worried about various LTIs, since we've found one that seems to rely on that field to function.  Backstory: I'm a Canvas adm...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi there,   In new quizzes, I'm able to select a Print Quiz option, but when I do so, it only prints the first page. Any thoughts as to how to work around that?   Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to create a column in the gradebook to keep information like--has the student used a late coupon (student can turn in 1 assignment a day late without penalty), or has the student used their eliminate 1 option perk (student can ask profes...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want the first page students see in my canvas course to be the modules page. How do I set this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, there are lots of questions regarding bulk edits for key areas but I couldn't find anything on HTML. Is there a way to bulk edit HTML of pages within an Environment, and/or a Course, and/or a Module. I understand blueprints might be a solution...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to set up late deductions for every week the assignment is due.  For example:5% deduction per weekIf a student submitted an assignment the next day after it's due, the grade is deducted by 5%.If a student submitted an assignment the next...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We were taking our Finals and I had plenty of time but my quiz submitted by itself with 6 mins in, it said time was up but the rest of the class excluding me still had time. our instructor had set the time limit to 50. People are telling me It was my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey Canvas Community  I am wanting to create a custom report using Canvas Data that gives me the following attributes: CourseSectionStudent Assignment Needs markingTrainer that is require to mark I am wondering if anyone had examples of the API's to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies