Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

As a parent/observer, how do I create/print a report to show my student/child’s grades and status (submitted, missing, late) for all assignments in particular class FROM A PREVIOUS YEAR?  The info is available when looking in my student’s Canvas acco...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does Canvas enforce the minimum or maximum word limit on an essay question? Does it simply just require the user to add more words (if under) before they can submit? Does it prevent the user from typing more?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Teachers in my building have different ways of organizing Canvas and I often cover Study Hall after school and help students with missing work.  When a student opens their grade report and has a missing assignment you can select the assignment and it...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Colleagues, A professor would like to set up a quiz using a case study format where the students answer a series of questions by referring to different prompts. Aside from printing out the case study (which may be difficult or impossible in certain o...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if it was possible, perhaps through Themes, to remove the "List View" option from the Dashboard?  Students are locking into list view and missing important content contained within modules.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to link my most recent module to my home page? I'd love to be able to set it once, then as I publish a new module each week, my home page link just updates to the new one without having to publish the module, then update the link every...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I once saw an example home page where the instructor had each module as a box. The box was an image and the image were arranged in a grid. This allowed students to click on the image and be taken to the applicable module. Does anyone have examples of...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I right that when you use 'practice test', the system still keep a record of the grades (somewhere)?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has several item banks built in New Quizzes. These are publisher banks she has converted. On two separate quizzes that use these banks, two different students marked different multiple choice questions with the correct answer...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone knew a way to use an essay question in Canvas to have a student show work for STEM in conjunction with some app to show work on a problem.    In short, how to use a whiteboard app within the Canvas q...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I graded an assignment and a few students did a revise & resubmit. When they submitted their revision, it showed up as an ungraded icon in the grade book again. I graded the revisions, but the ungraded icon is still there. When I click on the icon, i...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I pull up a quizz. and I click on edit. The window has the top left hand corner detail and questions in the same tab. The time setting option is not there but the preview of the quizz is there. How can I separate the details and the question opt...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We frequently post the same global announcments annually. Test dates, flex/edays, etc. How do I recycle old announcements? I try to edit the start and end dates but they are greyed out. What am I missing?   Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Any help would be appreciated.  I have created a Canvas shell for our Writing Center, and I have posted Panopto videos I have created to the site.  The course is set so that anyone in the campus community has access the page.  So far, there is no pro...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   When I assign an Ed Puzzle to my students they can complete it but the grade is not being sent to canvas. Instead it overwrites the grade to a 0

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my students was un-enrolled from school for a month and then returned. I deleted her from the course when she moved. Upon her return, I added her back to the course. She has not received the invitation, despite my resending it multiple times. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Up until now (this semester) I've been having issues with the layout of the lectures, I assumed it was all the way across the board, which I probably shouldn't have, I'm just not good at asking for help.The lectures load differently for me than they ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Failure to follow explicit instructions notwithstanding, I don't understand how they are even able to do this, as I requested text entry on this assignment and did not tick the file upload box at all. Is this a bug or a feature? It's making my life a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am hoping to have students submit entire equations as part of an answer but have not come across an automatically graded question type that allows this. Any advice would be appreciated!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, How to modify 'Set mastery for any score at or above' after an Outcome was Aligned to a Questions Bank? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep trying to upload an assignment but every time I do I get this message that it fails I’ve tried every way but it just doesn’t work what should I do? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It use to be that  when I would write comments to students in an assignment  using Speedgrader and they would resubmit their assignment, I could still see my comments.  Now, if they resubmit, I have to go back to their original submission to see my c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I have a problem with my Canvas Student app on my IOS device. I just got a new phone and downloaded the app but every time I try to open the app it freezes (meaning it only shows me the screen where the Canvas logo is loading on a white screen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My grade book shows the exclamation points indicating that imported assignments are not calculated in the grade.  However, I have checked (through editing) all of my assignments and none are imported.  I have also gone into "Assignments" directly and...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why I can't log in to my Canvas account?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, According to this User's Guide, the category names in Blackbaud MUST match the ones in Canvas. But when you go to assignments, Canvas lets you pick the category to sync with.  DOes it really have to be the same name and if so, what do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, it is not allowing students to view the PDF to annotate. They click on the annotation tool and it gives them an error. How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Under my ADMIN ACCOUNT, I do not have the SIS IMPORT sidebar link.  Can you please add this feature.     Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies