Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, I am designing covers for my notes and one has remained like this. It is how I like it, but when I print it on paper, some annoying squares appear around the image that cannot be seen on the computer. How can I solve it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am using New Quizzes and am confused by the information that is displayed in the Quiz and Item Analysis. Suppose I have 20 students that have completed a multiple-choice quiz. The report that I am seeing is showing the number of respondents from 1 ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been using Learning Mastery Gradebook but I found for some reason, a few averages are not appearing at the top of the outcome columns in the Learning Mastery Gradebook. I graded based on the rubric with the outcomes I imported but 1 or 2 avera...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had students do a math homework quiz. After the assignment was due the students asked me to post the solutions on the quiz so I went in and edited the quiz and posted the solutions in the general comment sections for each question but they are not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been trying to figure out a problem I'm having in Canvas. I was told to click on a link and make a feature request which is not there, so I have here. The Grade Assignment Link in the To Do list opens Speed Grader in a new browser window. This c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to save a pdf version of assignments with links intact?  I ask because I would like to have a backup of all of my course assignments when I retire.  As I have quite detailed assignments with helps in the form of documents, web links, v...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wanted to use the same question multiple times but with different numbers, so  to save from re-typing (I thought) I used the question bank feature. But if I want to change a question in the bank, it changes the entire question rather than allowing ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is this possible? I have a 10 question quiz pulling from a question bank of 80 questions. I would like to allow multiple attempts, but on the questions that are selected for them - NOT another brand new 10 questions. I don't want to drain my quiz ban...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a teacher trying to integrate Flipgrid into his course however, we are getting this message. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not have the option to browse more courses in Canvas or Sandbox. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a middle school math teacher beginning my journey into using mastery paths.  I have students completing a Check for Understanding (CFU) on a particular topic as a Quiz. Based on their score, they are given an assignment to remediate or enrich th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello guys,  When a student tries to access a teacher assigned Google Assignment (ie. Google Docs or Google Sheets) it says "You need access." All students in the class have access except one. When they click the Request access button it says Request...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm an admin helping faculty, and one instructor has reported that students can see his comments in SpeedGrader as soon as he hits Submit on the comment, even though he set up a manual grade posting policy for the course. He also double-checked that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am trying to sync grades from canvas to synergy I am receiving this error: {"errors":[{"errorCode":400,"codeMajor":"failure","severity":"error","codeMinor":"invalid data","description":"Invalid input, result record not found."}],"input":{"resu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hola, alguien sabe alguna web para descargar plantilla de certificado en pdf Yo solo veo la que adjunto pero quería más. ¿Pueden ayudarme? Gracias

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Im trying to pass on a module content from last year to this year for a colleague to deliver. As part of the material i want to copy all the cloud recordings of zoom calls from last year also, when i try and open, share or download the zoom recording...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wish the area to enter the score for an essay question was below the question and not at the top. I read the student's answer, but then I have to scroll up again to enter the score. It feels like such a waste of time to constantly have to scroll up...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I look at my assignments in student view, Canvas goes directly to the bottom of my assignment pages to the textbox where students can enter their responses. Does anyone know why Canvas is not showing the top of my assignment pages first, so that...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to access the Reading Academics coursework so I can start the modules. I need help ASAP, Thank you. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I add synergy student vue to my account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I thought I was supposed to be able to either watch a live stream of my child's classroom or watch past classroom videos.   Do I misunderstand the tools, am I close, or just plain wrong?   Thank you, Kevin Earley DadCraft360@gmail.com 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I get this error when I register with the community.  Why? An Unexpected Error has occurred.  Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2. Click yo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access my email.????

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I  my Centralia College Email???I bought the book for digital use but I do not know how to access it. Larry Shelman

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The laptop keeps freezing up on Canvas, specifically in an assignment with a BYU Box video (byu.app.box.com) attached to it. It has happened in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I have not noticed it freezing at all other than on this website in that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a teacher, and my new school district used Canvas and Synergy. I am familiar with Canvas and will be scoring using the Outcomes you can attach to assignments.  Each Outcome represents a specific academic standard. I can sync assignments from Can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello: I am creating many assignments and at later times attaching/assigning a rubric using an import from another course (once the rubric is available).  However, after a while it becomes unclear which assignments already have had rubrics attached &...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who took all of the quizzes for a course in the first two weeks. Now I've had to revise the quizzes, so those grades aren't valid. How do I delete those quiz scores for ONLY that student? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i entered wrong information in  my daughter account so how i can delete it and get new account for her  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I answered some questions on a Canvas quiz for class, but I had the same quiz open on another computer. Upon logging into the computer that did not have the answers written, the website autosaved and erased all of my work. Is there a way to access th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies