Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am teaching two sections of basically the same course. How do I meld them together so that both groups of students have access to the same Canvas course site?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor trying to export a Canvas course for use at a different university. I followed the instructions for exporting the course. As it is a very large course, I was expecting it to take awhile and to end up with the ZIP file everyone ment...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Could someone reputable confirm the accuracy of the canvas logs in terms of activy, timing and all activity that canvas reports. I need to understand how accurate are these logs. I was also informed that canvas uses AWS servers but was told by...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I reach my instructor through canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I make links active on my homepage 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a video and imbed it in a module?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone help?  I went into my settings for the navigation menu and "grades" is listed right after "discussion" but when I go in to my course it is not there!  I checked the "student view" and it is there in that view.  Any ideas??

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have a student in PRDV76325 that has entered a second email account.Yet, I do not think that she is receiving it at both addresses when I send her an email from the course, .My other students in the course may also have this issue. How can this be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I start assessment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please i cannot access my squad group messages for ALX VIRTUAL ASSISTANT COURSE. I have been receiving messages but all of a sudden i no longer see messages or access the group. Any time i try to, i will see PAGE NOT FOUND. please what do i do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I would like to cross list 2 lab sections into my course. When I go to the settings page & click the "Sections" tab, I do not see the lab sections listed there. I heard in the instructions video that I need to enroll in both sections before cr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to figure out how to handle item banks within a course. Is there a way to create them within the course? Every time I try it, I automatically get in the "All Banks" section. I have also tried to share them from "All banks" to "This Course...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can see the list of all my Quizzes with their due dates, point values and # of questions.  But, when I click to open each quiz, the page is blank. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there! I am trying to use Canvas' media recording option, but keep receiving an alert to grant access to my computer's microphone and camera.  Unfortunately, the alert doesn't give me anything to click on to do so.  Has anyone run into this issue?...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add forms and availability listings to pages so that students can book Scheduler tutorials and provide feedback/submit data/contact faculty members etc. from a course home page.How do I do this? Do I need to use iframes?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I teach an excel course and the exam is all about advanced excel functions (including custom add-ins). It troubles my course administration that the Respondus Lockdown Browser does not allow one to use Excel in a "separate" window, again not about...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to complete the Human Trafficking course to qualify for a license renewal. I'm enrolled in the course. but when I click begin course the page that displays is blank. How do I access the course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I imported a previous course into this year's course and realized I selected the wrong one, so I imported the correct course expecting it to override the first unintended course. The second import is showing complete on the import page, but the ne...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a fillable table in quizzes for my students to enter their responses? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've cloned a course (Course A) and an using the newly cloned course (Course B) in a new class. My h5p content isn't transfering over. When both teachers and students go to access the h5p content in Course B they get this error: Access Denied You don...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I use the originality checker?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Support,I am a student in the Wharton Management Development Program. I am on a very tight schedule at work and request for an extension till 4pm Sunday 24th July for submission of my Module 1 Capstone project.Thank you for your understanding.R...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are the major advantages of the Canvas Learning System vis-a-vis Blackboard? I know that much has been made about the need to migrate from the latter to the former. However, it would help to understand why the migration has been worth the effort...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am leaving my institution in a few weeks. I've created several Canvas Courses that already have students enrolled. I have added my replacement as a teacher to the course. I'm worried that when my user profile is deleted, the course will also...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As we move into our second year using Canvas, I wonder the best way to remove access for non-returning students (graduates and others who did not re-enroll).We would like to maintain an archive in Canvas with Gradebooks and rosters intact, but when w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Scenario: I have a very large enrollment class with multiple TAs. I would like each TA to be assigned a randomly selected group of students to grade (discussions, assignments, quizzes, etc.)As a simple example, Suppose I have 90 students and 3 TAsStu...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The public course hosted in my Canvas instance does have a course image and it does load on the Dashboard for the enrolled course users who login with their Canvas account. However the image does not load when it is accessed by public users. I read a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is written: "If you don't want to create a new CSV file, you can always download the CSV from Canvas" (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-import-grades-in-the-Gradebook/ta-p/807). However when I clicked on the link, the p...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Aloha,I uploaded a file and tried to submit the assignment and it is giving me an error "Submit failed, please try again". I did try again but the same error. Please assist as soon as you can.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies