Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

my password is right and but it keeps saying somethings wrong either my password or my username but both are correct 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with an instructor who is teaching hybrid course. Students meet 29 times during the semester and get 1 point for each time they show up.  Attendance is worth 5% of the grade. We are using Roll Call for this.   I have set it up so that: 1...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I like my browser's built-in PDF viewer, and I'd prefer to use it over Canvas's built in method. Right now, this always requires two clicks (including waiting for the PDF to load in the preview which I don't plan on using. Is there a user setting to,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way I can contact canvas support about a bug without going through my school first? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am a student and I have been added to the same canvas class three times by my instructor. For some reason it still does not pop up on my dashboard and I am unable to complete assignments even after accepting the invites all three times.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have followed the instructions to view grades but I am still unable to do so.  I know that grades are being inputted because I receive an email notification with the actual grade but I am unable to view them on canvas through desktop or app.  Also ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Context: When using the *.ics URL from Canvas Calendar, faculty have noticed that some events do not appear in Outlook's calendar. In examining the *.ics sourcefile, I believe I've discovered a correlation: Events successfully appear in Outlook when ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1 - My students are using the Canvas app. I am having students upload their google documents as a PDF to the assignments. But when I open speed grader, it is not providing me with the annotation tools on my computer or through the teacher app. Sugges...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Colleagues, Odd situation that has us stumped. The instructor set up eight groups (although only seven have students)Three students per group. Nothing odd that we can tell.She has a graded survey with the eight group options (1-8) in a MC question.Th...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Teachers created an assignment in Canvas using the Assignments: Student Annotation Submissions feature.  The file is not loading when students go to the assignment using the iPad iOS app.  Is this feature available for iPads? Please advise.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good morning -  I have a question about cross listing. I have two courses - A and B. Course B did not have anyone in until yesterday so I never cross listed it. The first two weeks of school I had entered grades in for Course A, and yesterday I had a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

More of a recommendation than a question, but I would really like Canvas to add auto-captions to its RCE and SpeedGrader recorder. It is beyond time. Every product we use has it sans Canvas: Panopto, Kaltura, Zoom, Stream, Hangouts, Teams. It is hard...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have -- quite frankly -- had it. Grading via rubrics has to be improved. I just lost 1 hour of work because I inadvertently  hit something that "advanced' me to the next student. I don't know what and I, quite frankly, don't care how or why this ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have lots of kids who need all written text read aloud to them. I hate that when I either upload an audio file of myself reading, or record one on Canvas, I get this big clunky box that looks like a video.              I tried adding a small butto...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having trouble understanding the manual posting option in gradebook. I've selected manual posting and I can see the grades pop up in the gradebook while I grade. But I don't see any indication that the grades are unavailable to the students. I th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to view course activity and analytics for non-enrolled visitors in a Canvas course. The Canvas course is publicly visible.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Cannot see any schedule of registerred courses under Calendar view, even though check box of each course is selected. Please see the pic attached and advise. Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My institution has been using Canvas for about seven years now. We have gotten to the point where we have multiple students with the same first and last name in one course, so we had to come up with a way to differentiate the students. We decided to ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If it is a known issue that quotation marks with in the text of a matching quiz breaks the quiz and results in a blank screen or a white screen (reference QUIZ-8620), https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Known-Issues/New-Quizzes-Quotations-added-to-ans...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm looking at the comment library feature, and as far as I can tell, it's literally just a record of saved comments from every assignment, and every course, that only you can see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there no way to sort or share it? Wit...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to un-cross list a section and there is no "de-cross list" option after following the direction on the canvas website. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We would like to add the following accessibility/accommodation option in Canvas quizzes: Allow teachers to assign the quiz to one student, but have that student have different quiz settings than the rest of the class. (i.e. not shuffling questions an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I try to set my notifications, a note comes up that says "Assignment (except quizzes) submission/resubmission."    I need to know how I can get the system to send me notifications when quizzes are submitted by students.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In order to make my life "easier," I thought I would put all of my classes in one. It worked last year. I put them all in the same one as last year to save me time. The problem is that I have some students who are in the next grade up and also in my ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Problem: I have a quiz where students can see their correct answers immediately upon completing the quiz and then retake the quiz. Some students are going through the quiz on the first attempt, not answering any questions, looking at the correct answ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm in a course where multiple (2) peer reviewers are assigned to a student's submission. In the assignment submission page I can see that I am assigned to peer review two students. When I click one of the names and try to go to the Rubric, the rubri...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, my last two rounds of Mimic Social have not been graded (week 9 was graded before and then disappeared). I finished it 3 weeks ago and it's the third time I have to ask for fixing it. Could you please help. Many thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  I have some students that are listed in a different course, so I added them to the shell I use for all in that section and now those students grades won't sync with Power School.  Will have to just assign in that particular shell?  Or is there s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I add and arrange new questions to an existing Canvas Quiz? I imported a Canvas Quiz from a previous semester and I would like to now edit the quiz with new questions. When I click on "add a question" the new question automatically appears at...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies