Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When clicking "Next" through module info, there is no notification when a new module is entered.  Also, is there no way to get back to module you are viewing in the table of contents without being directed to the very top?  I need help understanding ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello Community: I have a student or two every semester that goes AWOL in at least one section, usually more. These students drag down the averages of the assignments and give the appearance that the class is doing significantly worse than they are. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students view is blocked from seeing their grades.... I want them to see their grades....help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

To the Canvas Community,  Normally, when I use Canvas' "Assignment Comments" feature to write notes for students, I am able to resize and expand the size of the comment field by clicking and dragging the corner of the text box. However, that feature ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In teacher mode when you look at grades you could previously click on a student's name and then on the right side of the screen it would show their total Missing Assignments & total Late Assignments (along with their grade and recent scores). Now the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two years ago, I created a course and made quizzes in both the classic and new format. At the end of the school year, I saved that course as my Sandbox. I can still access the classic quizzes and use them this year. The "new" quizzes do not have any ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm an instructional designer. I'm curious about how others are using the Canvas Course Template feature. I took a look to see the differences with Blueprints, Commons and Templates (https://tr-learncanvas.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/CourseContentD...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I change my settings so when I am publishing a module it will not publish every assignment in the module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone noticed any problems introduced by Canvas now using Sentry? Right now, sentry.insops.net itself seems to be producing errors, which seems an unfortunate dependency.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am new to assessment in Canvas and am in the process of testing some of the features to use for assessment purposes-mainly aligning quiz banks in classic quizzes to learning outcomes and using that data to report student mastery of our general educ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

REcently, it seems there has been a change in what happens with Google LTI assignments after the student submits it.  If I open it to review the work, Canvas automatically gives it full points, even when I return the assignment for revision without a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I was wondering how I can find courses that I previously pressed "deny" enrollment into. The other day I was added into quite a few classes and accidentally pressed "deny" instead of "accept" on a course and was wondering if there was a way that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a student, I used to have the option of "browse more courses" in the courses session in canvas when I press the option of "Courses". Now it is gone, can you please solve it. It used to be on the spot where I screenshotted 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

1) Suppose I want to configure all assignments within a group with the same grading options, e.g., assign each one 10 points and allow unlimited submission attempts.  Is there a way to configure them all at once?   Alternately, is there a way to pull...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When editing quiz multiple choice questions, the text box for possible answers is too small (e.g can only see maybe 40 characters without scrolling). This is quite annoying that you can't see all possible answers in full at once. Is there a way to ma...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I gave two parts to an assessment for my last unit - a multiple choice (MC) and a free response (FRQ). I would like the parts to both be equal to 25 points. It's relatively easy to accomplish with the MC using New Quizzes, but I can't figure out if, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, The "Total" column in the grade displays the total grade (not weighted). Is it possible to display a weighted total grade? Thanks.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an institution license for the Canvas Premium training which includes a subscription to the live webinar calendar.   We are having an issue where some faculty are not able view the live training calendar for webinars.  We have verified the fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to sort the assignments &/or the quizzes by name or by due date?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to be able to export my Canvas course with modules into a PDF or something that can be kept as a record of what is in each module, with all content conserved. Is there an easy way to do this? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a few questions with logging in I have an LTI developer key.  This works for launches of our tool from Canvas.  However, if a user goes to our webpage first, I would like to allow them to login using Canvas as an identity provider.  With the n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need instruction on paying my tuition for the spring Life Coach class. I will be paying with a credit card if that help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we create a new assignment with external tool settings(using Canvas API) it creates everything perfectly but the link for Vocareum assignment(External tool) does not take us to the assignment. Instead it throws LTI 1.3 Course Data Not Found erro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I receive an email notification about a discussion post, and I click "Click here to join the conversation," it used to take me directly to the specific post/reply. But as of a couple weeks ago, it only links to the top of the discussion board, n...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning! I have one student in a course that is getting notices that he is missing assignments and he has submitted them. When I look in the grade book I can see his grades for his assignments but when I click on his name for his grade details i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As a teacher, can I download the View Student Progress so that I can track students' status on the course/module? or only the school admin are allowed? Thank you in advance.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi folks, 1. When I create a quiz, Canvas does not ask me to select from New/Classic quiz. Can anyone help me know why? 2. Since I don't get the options of New/Classic quiz how do I know if my quizzes are New or Classic. 3. Can I get GPA option in gr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Although within current period (ie between start and end dates, or no dates set) only the rubric is showing when in student view, not the external cloud (google) doc. This is when I'm not being asked to 'Authorize' ... because as others have found, t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am needing to reset my password and have sent in a request and still have not heard anything.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm an online student that has been using Canvas for about a year. I'd like to give some feedback and start a discussion about the mediasite player.My experience with mediasite has been frustrating. The main problems I have are the viewing wi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies