Canvas LMS Recent Activity

Discuss, share tips, and ask questions about Canvas LMS

I would like to integrate the full function of Khan Academy in my Canvas. This would include their comprehensive practice, quizzes, and progression tracking tool. Has anybody in the Canvas community had experience with this, and what do you suggest?

• 22 Likes
  • 19 Replies

When a page is printed (either to PDF or paper), any internal course links display the source of that link. I can see this as being great for accessibility purposes and knowing the source of those links, but can cause formatting issues when trying to...

• 11 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to see how many hits or views a specific Page in a course has?

• 12 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am interested in displaying total points in a final course grade. I would prefer if percentages are not displayed. Is there a way to display only total points and not percentage points?Thank you for any input!

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to export individual question banks as separate files, rather than exporting specific quizzes and/or the entire course? Thank you.

• 12 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to use the equation editor to enter systems of equations, piecewise defined functions or matrices.  The editor doesn't seem to allow more than one line per equation.  Can anyone give me a method of using the equation editor to do this.  Th...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We made the mistake of making quizzes individually and not from Question Banks. Now we want to pull questions from our previous quizzes for our midterms. Is there a way to create a Question Bank from already created quizzes? (Some of the questions ar...

• 18 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Is there a way to automate page numbers within a module through HTML?

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello everyone,    I'm a new Canvas Admin for my university, and I'm trying to find an answer that doesn't seem to be available online anywhere. Help would be appreciated.   We have 4 "Grading Schemes" on the account level set up. When an instructor ...

• 6 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am attempting to use Canvas to build some modules for co-curricular experiences, and to develop some professional development modules for faculty and staff as well as student workers. I've been searching for ways to make content visible to only cer...

• 11 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Most webcams students use to submit homework videos are capable of shooting in 16:9, but the video input recorded through Canvas is set at 4:3. Is there a way to tell Canvas to record in 16:9? Having students record in another program and upload thei...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I created a Pinned discussion and want to arrange the posts from newest to oldest instead of the default oldest to newest. Other than clicking and dragging, is there a way to do this?

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have faculty who have created quizzes in Canvas, but have later realized that they'd like those quiz questions to be added to question banks. From what I can see, it is possible to add a question bank question to a quiz, but not the reverse. Can so...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It is before the assignment due date, and one student accidentally submitted a partly completed assignment. I would like to give this one student an extra submission on the assignment, but I don't want to give the whole class two submissions. How do ...

• 5 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Hello.I am a high school teacher and pretty new to Canvas. I need to display my grades as a percentage score ( 100 point scale ) instead of points out of, for example, 25. I have a bunch of grades to record on another system this weekend and don't wa...

• 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone got the "comment" tags to work in a published Canvas Page?  Every time I add a comment <!-- Comment here --> to the page and publish it, Canvas wipes my code out. 

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi all,I uploaded a 5MB MP4 to a module in my course. When I click on the corresponding link, I'm told "Media has been queued for conversion, please try again in a little bit." This has been queued for 10+ minutes now. I've searched, but I can't find...

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a journaling feature in Canvas?  A high school biology teacher wants his students to answer a "bell ringer" question every day to start class.  At the end of the marking period he wants to see the responses sorted by student so he can grade ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 16 Likes
  • 14 Replies

This semester I created Fall Exam 1 (containing six Question Groups) and Fall Exam 2 (also containing six Question Groups). Some of the questions on the exam came from previous quizzes, some from question banks, and some I wrote from scratch. The new...

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Tried to link to external app and put in a bad url. Now I get error message "couldn't find valid settings for this link" and can't get to the assignment to edit and take out the link. Any advice?

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a way to insert deductions in the final grade?In the class I am teaching each unexcused absence must deduct a percentage of the final grade. I would like to make this process automatic through Canvas.Thanks.Diogo Carvalho

• 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to assign letter grades to my grading scheme without having to create an arbitrary points system. So, for example, a writing assignment would get a letter grade (A-, C+, whatever) and then the four writing assignments I have over the cou...

• 12 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Have a faculty member who has clicked Allow Liking for an Announcement - that's it, no allow graders, no sorting.But, no like icon appears for the students.  We've verified that it works for discussions, but does not for Announcements.What are we mis...

• 20 Likes
  • 29 Replies

Is it possible to have students use a rubric for self-evaluation? I would like to create a rubric and assign it to students to fill in to evaluate their own progress. I haven't been able to find anything that covers this topic in the Canvas guides. T...

• 9 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I'm currently working on a course related to Food Inspections done via Google Glass. The videos are taken and edited - you know, a little magic added to them. We are using the videos in assessing already established inspectors and then using their re...

• 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

One of our instructors added a JPG image to a quiz that shows as a thumbnail in the question preview, but from a student view is only a link to the file name and must be opened in a new window or downloaded. This defeats the purpose of having an imag...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I upload an Excel file the file does not show correctly.  It only shows part of the file and creates additional pages to see the entire Excel document.

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to do this?  See the attachment?  Essentially it is posting a unique link to the NSSE on Canvas to each student that has a Freshman or Senior Standing.  Please see the attachment from NSSE.     We have a deadline to indicate interest b...

• 10 Likes
  • 24 Replies

I used the iframe instructions found in the search options and it appears to not work with a webpage that I would like to embed into my course.Here is the URL:http://library.wichita.edu/empower/module2/choosingYourTopic.htmWSU EMPOWER: Choosing Your ...

• 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hello. If you are using the Multiple Grading Periods feature, have you found a way to accurately report grades after the first grading period? If so, please tell others how you did it.It appears that Canvas came up with the feature all of K-12 school...

• 13 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Canvas LMS Product Blog

Read updates from our Product teams about Canvas LMS

On June 15, 2024, the Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite (LucidChart and LucidSpark) was made generally available to all Canvas customers. This integration gives educators and students alike an elevated teaching and learning experience in Canvas throug...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are thrilled to announce that our Admin Analytics feature in Canvas is now being migrated to the Data Access Platform (DAP). This transition brings a host of benefits, ensuring a more efficient, consistent, and insightful experience for all users.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Admin Analytics

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In our continuous effort to enhance the Canvas experience, we're excited to share the latest updates and improvements we've made based on your feedback. Over the past few months, our dedicated team has been hard at work addressing key user pain point...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Plus pages, ungraded discussions, an “assign to” makeover, and more!

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 12 Likes
  • 19 Replies

At Canvas, we continuously listen to your feedback to ensure that our tools meet your needs effectively. Based on the valuable insights we've gathered, we're making a temporary adjustment to our discussion redesign.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 12 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Designed to meet the needs of young learners, explore how Canvas for Elementary fosters successful digital learning experiences.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Learn about how you can easily move from Flip Assignments to video discussion boards in Canvas!

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

Canvas Studio

• 7 Likes
  • 15 Replies

We are thrilled to announce the launch of Analytics Hub, a new core feature of Canvas LMS, available starting July 9th, 2024. Designed to be a central library, Analytics Hub serves as a one-stop-shop for all your data and analytics needs.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Admin Analytics

Canvas Data

Canvas LMS

• 9 Likes
  • 17 Replies

We are announcing the end of the beta for the older versions (0.x) of the DAP CLI as we fully transition to the latest and most advanced version, v1.1.0. This move ensures that all users are leveraging the improved performance, stability, and expande...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas Data

Canvas LMS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We will be upgrading to the latest versions of jQuery and jQuery UI. If your institution uses custom JS/CSS, we recommend checking your beta instances.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas Catalog

Developers

• 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're excited to share an important update regarding the release of our eagerly awaited feature, Discussion Checkpoints.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Major web browsers are beginning to phase out support for third-party cookies, a change that may have a significant impact on the functionality of LTI tools integrated with learning management systems such as Canvas. Although this change will not dir...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

Developers

LTI Integrations

• 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Together with our customers, we've identified several areas where AI can profoundly enhance our platform. One of these is using AI to build efficiencies and increase capacity for educators and administrators. Specifically, AI can streamline tedious t...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 9 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We're thrilled to announce the launch of the Lucid integration in Canvas LMS, now available in beta. This integration promises to enhance your teaching and learning experiences. 

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 5 Likes
  • 34 Replies

In March, we formed a dedicated team to tackle some long-standing user pain points, focusing on those small yet persistent issues that have been sources of irritation. We also focused our time on enhancements that enrich the experience of our educato...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 14 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Starting June 19th, 2024, all HTTP responses from Canvas will transition to full lowercase response header names to align with industry best practices. This change impacts API users, browser users, and other clients.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

Developers

• 4 Likes
  • 12 Replies

The Canvas Product Team is embarking on a series of live discovery sessions with users to gather feedback and co-create with some of our customers. Read on to learn about our first session.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 14 Likes
  • 4 Replies

For the past many weeks and months, my team and I have been seeking customer feedback for our ongoing redesign work for Discussion and Announcements.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 6 Likes
  • 43 Replies

The most recent New Quizzes update sparked a lot of feedback, much of it expressing frustration about the known issue related to course files in item banks. Copying a course does not automatically change the links in an item bank, so when you use a q...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 16 Likes
  • 24 Replies

Now available in Beta: New Quizzes exporting as a Common Cartridge.  While there will not be any user interface changes or changes to the workflow of exporting a common cartridge package, this work makes exporting more reliable because of the changes...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The new Item Banks Sub-Account feature allows users to view and share item banks relevant to their current sub-account. This functionality makes lookup more convenient, by limiting the item banks listed to the current subaccount. Customers who have s...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in education is no longer a distant prospect – it's our present reality. At Instructure, we believe that this technology offers immense potential to revolutionize teaching and learning when it is implemented wi...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 15 Likes
  • 17 Replies

Latest updates in New Quizzes for Quarter 1 2024, January to March.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 8 Likes
  • 29 Replies

We're thrilled to give you an update on our progress and share insights into our timeline adjustments. Here's an exclusive sneak peek at the ongoing progress of our rubric redesign initiative.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 15 Likes
  • 46 Replies

Yes, it’s coming!

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 55 Likes
  • 61 Replies

Data Access Platform (DAP) CLI and Client Library v1.1.0 is now available.  Version 1.1.0 is a fast follow to our GA release to address some community identified issues with a new feature enhancement to prepare us for future updates.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Admin Analytics

Canvas Data

Developers

Release Communications

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The last ideas voting round didn’t go as planned. We want to respond and evolve.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

Roadmap Processes

• 43 Likes
  • 15 Replies

We know that the most powerful aspect of Canvas LMS is its flexibility and extensibility. With our 900+ integration partners, Canvas LMS offers educators the power to seamlessly leverage tools that are right for their students, teachers, and administ...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

LTI Integrations

• 11 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Today, we're reaching out with an update on the anticipated release of our new feature, Discussion Checkpoints.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

• 23 Likes
  • 15 Replies

After customer feedback and collaboration with Google, we have decided NOT to deprecate Google Apps LTI tool as planned in 2024, but we still encourage you to transition to Google Assignments LTI 1.3 to take advantage of the newest technology and ...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog

Canvas LMS

LTI Integrations

• 10 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Canvas LMS Release Notes

Learn about the latest releases, updates, and bug fixes for Canvas LMS

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in t...

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (20 July), instructors can assign ungraded discussions to students and sections. The Account Navigation now includes a link to the Analytics Hub. In Account Settings, admins can enable Inbox Signature blogs and Auto responses. ...

Canvas Releases

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in t...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes 2024-07-20 Enforcement of Discussion and Announcement Redesign. Deprecation of Legacy Account Analytics.Enforcement of New Analytics For more information, please see Upcoming Canvas Changes. In this Canvas release (15 Jun...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes 2024-06-10 Enforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option  2024-06-15 Restricting future use of the submission_type_selection LTI PlacementAGS Score submitedAt is removed. 2024-07-20 Enforc...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes 2024-06-10 Enforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option 2024-06-15 Enforcement of restricting future use of the submission_type_selection LTI Placement For more information, please see Up...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (16 March), admins can search and sort Account Developer Keys. Within the Gradebook, instructors have the option to select multiple filter choices for each filter type. SpeedGrader's media recorder includes screen capture and a...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (17 February), observers can sign up for appointment groups when enabled by an institution and the instructor. Classic Quizzes' practice quizzes are migrated to New Quizzes with zero-point quiz settings enabled. The CSV format ...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in th...

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (20 January), additional question types are included in the Answer Frequency Summary in the Item Analysis Report. Screencast | View the New Feature Screencasts page for a compilation of all available videos in this release. A...

Canvas Releases

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in th...

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (16 December), the LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page is enforced for all institutions. LTI tool postMessages are now properly supported in an active Canvas Rich Content Editor, including LTI Platform Storage m...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes November 2023 Remove remaining utilities from Canvas related to Flash video support. 2023-12-16 The oembed_retrieve endpoint is removedEnforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option 2023-12-...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes November 2023 End of life for remaining utilities from Canvas related to Flash video support. 2023-12-16 Deprecation of oebmed_retrieve endpointEnforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases