How do I add assignments to a course template in the assessment library?
After you have created a course template, you can add assignments to the template. Adding assignments to a course template helps ensure a consistent experience for students if multiple instructors are teaching the course. Adding assignments to a course template also allows instructors to use the same content for multiple terms without having to clone or recreate the assignments.
After claiming a course, instructors may add assignments to their courses. However, assignments added at the course level will not be available in subsequent claimed courses unless the assignment is added to the template.
Note: You can add up to 30 assignments to a course template or course assessment.
In the Toolbar, click the Assessment icon.
Open Course Templates
In the Assessment Library sidebar, click the Course Templates link.
Add New Assignment
In the course template, click the Assignments tab , and then click the New Assignment button .
Add Assignment Details
Enter details for the assignment. In the text fields, enter an assignment title  and instructions for students .
In the Skills field, add skills the students will learn while working on the assignment. Type the name of a skill in the Skills field  and then select the skill when it displays in the search results . The skills you add will display in the student's Portfolium profile.
Add Learning Outcomes
To add an outcome to the assignment, click the Add Outcome button . You can select an outcome from the institution, program, or course level. Click the desired level tab , then select an outcome from the list .
Click the Category drop-down menu to view a list of categories, or type in the search field  and then select the Category from the displayed results .
Set Assignment Scoring
In the Assignment Scoring section, click the radio button next to the scoring type you would like to use for the assignment. Available scoring types include:
- Rubric : Grade submissions using a rubric already added to your account.
- Numeric : Grade submissions by typing in the student's grade, out of 100 possible points.
- Star Rating : Grade submissions using either a three- or five-star scale.
- Letter Grade : Grade submissions using a standard Letter Grade scale.
- Pass / Fail : Grade submissions as either pass or fail.
- Some scoring options will include additional options for you to confirm.
- Once a student submits work to an assignment that has a rubric, you can no longer add rubric criterion, levels of achievement, or change rubric rating values.
View Advanced Options
To adjust visibility settings for the assignment, open the Advanced Options section . In each visibility section, click the radio button next to the desired visibility setting. Available project visibility options include:
- Publish student work after submission : the project the student submits for the assignment will be published to their profile immediately after they submit.
- Keep student work private after submission : the project the student submits will be kept private after they submit.
- Student work is sensitive and cannot be shared : the project contains sensitive data (such as lab research including patient data) and will not be shared to the student's portfolio, and the student will not have the option of later changing the project visibility.
In the Grade Visibility section, you can allow students to view their grades  or hide grades from students .
When you have finalized the assignment details, click the Create Assignment button.