All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2019. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'll be running every morning of InstructureCon (Tue - Fri), and anyone is welcome to tag along. I'll be headed east down Ocean Ave as far as seems agreeable, between 6 and 10 miles total (if you want less distance, just turn around when you're feeli...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2019
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Reality has set in I’m leaving for California in just a couple of days!! I am excited beyond words to see everyone and to learn all there is new about Canvas and to absorb some of that California sunshine without having my face melt off from the east...

• 15 Likes
  • 26 Replies

Presentation TitlePerfect Practice to Perfect Your Teaching!Abstract / Session OverviewJoin us in this session to learn how to create research-based, engaging PD experiences that improve teaching practice and affect student achievement.DetailsIntere...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Date: Wednesday, July 10Time: 8:00 am, PDTLocation: Outside the Terrace TheaterAre you going to #instcon? Do you Twitter? If so, bring your tweeting device and let's have an Instcon Panda Peep Tweetup! What's a Tweetup?Tweetup:An organized or impromp...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Presentation TitleCatch a Wave and Engage Adjuncts - The Canvas Wave will have you sittin' on top of the world  Abstract / Session Overview    Long Beach Convention CenterRoom, 104CAre you tired of putting your faculty on the surfboard with “trainin...

Community Explorer
InstructureCon 2019
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As I gear up for my 2nd InstructureCon and continue working on a Masters in EdTech Leadership, I have really been putting a lot of thought into Personal Learning Networks. My goal has been to create a great inner circle with strong educators who can ...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2019
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Presentation TitleBig Data Ideas & Usage for Tiny Budgets & Small TeamsAbstract / Session OverviewWant to surf the Big Data wave without the expensive gear? We’ll share how we use data to ask questions, adapt, and create tools for Students, Teachers...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2019
  • 6 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presentation TitleUsing GIFs as Instructional/Training Tools in Canvas. #CanvasGIF #CanvasStudentGIFAbstract / Session OverviewLong Beach Convention Center, 203 The GIF game is booming right now. Short snippets of video to accomplish tasks goes hand...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2019
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Way back in 2017 Deactivated user asked other Wandering Pandas Flying Solo to InstructureCon to join together and  @BethCrook  suggested SoloPandas as an identifier help those traveling alone to meet up. Thus the solopandas hashtag on Twitter and in...

• 17 Likes
  • 24 Replies

Photo by Andrew Sprague on Unsplash

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2019
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

CMUG Meet-Up | #InstCon 2019‌

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We love Canvas!  We love Canvas so much that we built some really great tools to help schools keep your K-12 students on track.    What if you could create groups of students -- all 11th graders, a guidance counselor's advisees, a basketball team...

Partner Partner
InstructureCon 2019
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

InstCon participants come from all over the world. Some of us are admin, some of us are building administrators, some of us are teachers. We have different passions and areas of teaching and/or Canvas expertise. However! ...there's one thing everyone...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This template was designed to help unify the InstructureCon 2019 space. Start your blog by changing the title at the very top and by replacing this placeholder text with your own content. Also, remember to add a banner image. Before publishing, add a...

Community Team Community Team
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Replay our session at InstCon 2019!Presentation TitleWe're Adopting Canvas as Our LMS?! Faculty Perspectives on the Challenges, Opportunities, and Outcomes of Switching to CanvasSession OverviewHow in the world do you go about supporting a group of b...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2019
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presentation TitleWhat's up with Commons? Abstract / Session OverviewIn this workshop we'll update you on what's cooking for Commons and what our plans are. We are curious to hear what issues you're interested in seeing addressed in Commons. We'll a...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2019
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presentation TitleSurfing Learning Analytics on Canvas Without Wiping OutAbstract / Session OverviewIn this presentation, we’ll update you on year two of our Canvas Data journey. We’ll talk about reading the waves (understanding the data), respecting...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2019
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presentation Title Let's Role with Canvas Mobile  @rseilham  - UCF (Orlando, Florida)   @KristinL  - DeLaSalle High School (Minneapolis, Minnesota)   Abstract / Session Overview Canvas supports many roles, but have you ever wondered how this tra...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,Once again Hack Night will be happening Wednesday night from 8 - 11 PM, this time in the Grand Ballroom.  As in years past we'll have plenty of tables for people to gather around to talk about whatever they want to work on with respect to Canv...

• 16 Likes
  • 40 Replies

Presentation TitleCat herding for beginners: My first year as the technical expert for a large multi-institutional consortium, or what I wish I knew when we started, or how to get ahead in Canvas without even trying, being the tale of of "...many th...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2019
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's a long tradition for InstructureCon attendees to collect and trade themed pins. Here, in the Canvas Community, there will be an exclusive set of digital enamel pins available to reward you for participating in Canvas Community activities! These ...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is so much to experience at InstructureCon 2019! As you sail into your session schedule, consider taking notes and publishing them in a blog. You can help others learn about topics and sessions they weren't able to squeeze into their own schedu...

Community Team Community Team
InstructureCon 2019
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presentation TitleSo, What's My Motivation? Students Barrel Towards Success!Abstract / Session OverviewWe often work to improve our content and pedagogy, but what about improving students' desire to engage and learn? That's where a Motivational Info...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2019
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I heard you like discussion boards, so I created this discussion board for you to discuss discussion boards...Let the Games Begin!  (remember to be nice, be honest, be willing to share!)  First one to reply gets a sand dollar!Sand Dollars and Starfi...

Community Member
InstructureCon 2019
  • 10 Likes
  • 24 Replies