Canvas LMS Recent Activity

Discuss, share tips, and ask questions about Canvas LMS

Hello! I am working a Canvas implementation for an Executive Education program and looking for recommendations around LTI's or APIs that would allow for more comprehensive group creation functionality, (beyond the discussion group creation). Our prog...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi BrainsTrust,I know it's possible to migrate from Blackboard to Canvas, is it possible to do the reverse? Don't fret Canvas-folk, we're not leaving the platform but I'd rather have my teaching material exported into BB rather than have to set it up...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When I Reply to an Inbox message, does the Reply appear in the Sent items?It seems that it doesn't.  I just replied to a student's message through InBox, but I do not see any record of that reply in the Sent items.Is this intended behavior?If so, is ...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My school is still shifting students around, and so some are getting transferred to different class periods, which are different sections this year for me for my Canvas. Unfortunately, none of their assignments are transferring with them. Do my kids ...

• 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Today, an instructor is grading his assignment submissions in Speedgrader. When he submits a comment this error occurs: "An error occurred updating this assignment"So, you'll notice that you cannot see the comment anymore. In order for the instructor...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I am trying to create quizzes for my math students to take.  I love that I am able to insert equations into the question box, but I have not been able to use this same feature when it comes to answers. Any suggestions or is this not a possibility?

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, i am having problems using the lockdown browser for my exam on canvas. I have downloaded it and set it up, But every time i try to start my exam it says i need a lockdown browser. I watched many videos and it says i should enter the exam throu...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone! I am brand new to Canvas, and loving it! I have a problem, however:In the school I work at, we have rolling admissions. Every ~1 month we will have 6 new students start a new classes. Each student will go through the exact same materi...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I reset or clear an assignment a student has submitted? For example, the student uploaded the wrong file. How do clear it so she can submit again?

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello!I know you can upload grades via the CSV and import option, but is there a way to import comments from a CSV file for an assignment?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I have a student that requires different quiz allotted time than the rest of the class due to disability. How do I create a duplicate of the quiz? That way I can assign the quiz with more allotted time only to that student... Thanks!

• 11 Likes
  • 54 Replies

Wondering if there is a way to connect ExamN / eMedley to Canvas?  

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi stefaniesanders‌Thank you for your reply on the previous discussion Creating an inviting course home page here is the information, i think some Canvas users may be interested in this type of homepage. Now please bear with me as I have been teachin...

• 22 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Dear Colleagues,As part of the ID2ID peer mentoring program led by Penn State and Educause, my colleague and I are seeking input from other colleges & universities around distance education policies and growth.  We both work in small institutions and...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know who to remove courses from the Calendar? Or hide them? We have a number of test courses that we would like to not see in the Calendar. 

• 6 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I found couple of old threads about this issue, but they seem to indicate that the problem has been fixed, but it doesn't seem like it has. I created a rubric through outcomes. This rubric would be used for all the discussions in the course. I saved ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When you are posting a discussion question is there a spell check link? In the old portal we had there was. If so where do I find it?Thank yu

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! We need our Heads of Schools to have ACT AS USER access. However, we can only give them access to sub-accounts since we do not want them to have full access to our Board Room course. We created sub-accounts and placed them as admin in those. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Buen diaEl foro 3.1 no me permite someter tarea del foro.Traducido del Traductor de GoogleSubject: ForumBody: good dayForum 3.1 does not allow me to submit the forum's task.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I want to know if it is possible to get Canvas to automatically mark an assignment as "missing" after the due date and/or last available date for the assignment has passed. This seems to happen for assignments where, for example, the student h...

• 4 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I have seen so many great tutorials about how to create a responsive table using CSS. However, our institution has CSS disabled. So, I am left with HTML and creativity. I have tried everything that I know. Does anyone know of a way to make a table re...

• 7 Likes
  • 20 Replies

To whom it may concern,I am trying to grade an assignment in Canvas but the SpeedGrade screen is stuck on the Loading Screen. How do I get SpeedgGrader to work?Sincerely,Josiah Rippetoe

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi IDs,I'm trying to figure out when to use calendar events vs. when to do "to-dos" on the calendar. Specifically I'm wondering about the second date for discussions (you know, there's the due date and then there's the date for replies to other stude...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 12 Likes
  • 31 Replies

How can I ensure the Modules can be viewed by students? In my course the Modules section is greyed out. In student view Modules is not visible. Modules are loaded into the student view in the Navigation section and all items in the Modules are publis...

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We are looking for means in situations where we have to process large batch enrollments by means of SIS while retaining the teachers ability to delete the users from their courses should they wish.  The use case is very large courses that are either ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Some of our teachers are getting this message when using Speed Grader and some students are receiving it when submitting assignments.  "Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please contact your institution's Canvas Admin." When I look at the app conf...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All,Canvas currently does not support restricted TA access such as only homework or quizzes. They give full access to assignment group for anyone who has a TA role in your course. Due to confidentially rule, I do not want my undergraduate TAs to a...

• 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Imported a course from Moodle. Basically there are a lot of files that I need to move to different modules. Is there a way to select multiple files for movement at once? 

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am having trouble syncing my grades from Canvas to Powerteacher Pro (first year using PTP, had no issues with regular PS). When I go to sync a grade, I'm getting this error: "Grading Category missing for assignment." However, the assignment has the...

• 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Canvas LMS Product Blog

Read updates from our Product teams about Canvas LMS

I wanted to share a final update on the Discussions/Announcements Redesign before it becomes officially enforced on July 20th.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 7 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On June 15, 2024, the Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite (LucidChart and LucidSpark) was made generally available to all Canvas customers. This integration gives educators and students alike an elevated teaching and learning experience in Canvas throug...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We are thrilled to announce that our Admin Analytics feature in Canvas is now being migrated to the Data Access Platform (DAP). This transition brings a host of benefits, ensuring a more efficient, consistent, and insightful experience for all users.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Admin Analytics

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In our continuous effort to enhance the Canvas experience, we're excited to share the latest updates and improvements we've made based on your feedback. Over the past few months, our dedicated team has been hard at work addressing key user pain point...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Plus pages, ungraded discussions, an “assign to” makeover, and more!

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 12 Likes
  • 19 Replies

At Canvas, we continuously listen to your feedback to ensure that our tools meet your needs effectively. Based on the valuable insights we've gathered, we're making a temporary adjustment to our discussion redesign.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 12 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Designed to meet the needs of young learners, explore how Canvas for Elementary fosters successful digital learning experiences.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Learn about how you can easily move from Flip Assignments to video discussion boards in Canvas!

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

Canvas Studio

• 7 Likes
  • 15 Replies

We are thrilled to announce the launch of Analytics Hub, a new core feature of Canvas LMS, available starting July 9th, 2024. Designed to be a central library, Analytics Hub serves as a one-stop-shop for all your data and analytics needs.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Admin Analytics

Canvas Data

Canvas LMS

• 9 Likes
  • 17 Replies

We are announcing the end of the beta for the older versions (0.x) of the DAP CLI as we fully transition to the latest and most advanced version, v1.1.0. This move ensures that all users are leveraging the improved performance, stability, and expande...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas Data

Canvas LMS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We will be upgrading to the latest versions of jQuery and jQuery UI. If your institution uses custom JS/CSS, we recommend checking your beta instances.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas Catalog

Developers

• 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're excited to share an important update regarding the release of our eagerly awaited feature, Discussion Checkpoints.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Major web browsers are beginning to phase out support for third-party cookies, a change that may have a significant impact on the functionality of LTI tools integrated with learning management systems such as Canvas. Although this change will not dir...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

Developers

LTI Integrations

• 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Together with our customers, we've identified several areas where AI can profoundly enhance our platform. One of these is using AI to build efficiencies and increase capacity for educators and administrators. Specifically, AI can streamline tedious t...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 9 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We're thrilled to announce the launch of the Lucid integration in Canvas LMS, now available in beta. This integration promises to enhance your teaching and learning experiences. 

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 5 Likes
  • 44 Replies

In March, we formed a dedicated team to tackle some long-standing user pain points, focusing on those small yet persistent issues that have been sources of irritation. We also focused our time on enhancements that enrich the experience of our educato...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 14 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Starting June 19th, 2024, all HTTP responses from Canvas will transition to full lowercase response header names to align with industry best practices. This change impacts API users, browser users, and other clients.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

Developers

• 4 Likes
  • 12 Replies

The Canvas Product Team is embarking on a series of live discovery sessions with users to gather feedback and co-create with some of our customers. Read on to learn about our first session.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 14 Likes
  • 4 Replies

For the past many weeks and months, my team and I have been seeking customer feedback for our ongoing redesign work for Discussion and Announcements.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 6 Likes
  • 45 Replies

The most recent New Quizzes update sparked a lot of feedback, much of it expressing frustration about the known issue related to course files in item banks. Copying a course does not automatically change the links in an item bank, so when you use a q...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 16 Likes
  • 24 Replies

Now available in Beta: New Quizzes exporting as a Common Cartridge.  While there will not be any user interface changes or changes to the workflow of exporting a common cartridge package, this work makes exporting more reliable because of the changes...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The new Item Banks Sub-Account feature allows users to view and share item banks relevant to their current sub-account. This functionality makes lookup more convenient, by limiting the item banks listed to the current subaccount. Customers who have s...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in education is no longer a distant prospect – it's our present reality. At Instructure, we believe that this technology offers immense potential to revolutionize teaching and learning when it is implemented wi...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 15 Likes
  • 17 Replies

Latest updates in New Quizzes for Quarter 1 2024, January to March.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

New Quizzes

• 8 Likes
  • 29 Replies

We're thrilled to give you an update on our progress and share insights into our timeline adjustments. Here's an exclusive sneak peek at the ongoing progress of our rubric redesign initiative.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 15 Likes
  • 46 Replies

Yes, it’s coming!

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 55 Likes
  • 61 Replies

Data Access Platform (DAP) CLI and Client Library v1.1.0 is now available.  Version 1.1.0 is a fast follow to our GA release to address some community identified issues with a new feature enhancement to prepare us for future updates.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Admin Analytics

Canvas Data

Developers

Release Communications

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The last ideas voting round didn’t go as planned. We want to respond and evolve.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

Roadmap Processes

• 43 Likes
  • 15 Replies

We know that the most powerful aspect of Canvas LMS is its flexibility and extensibility. With our 900+ integration partners, Canvas LMS offers educators the power to seamlessly leverage tools that are right for their students, teachers, and administ...

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

LTI Integrations

• 11 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Today, we're reaching out with an update on the anticipated release of our new feature, Discussion Checkpoints.

Instructure Instructure
The Product Blog
:

Canvas LMS

• 23 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Canvas LMS Release Notes

Learn about the latest releases, updates, and bug fixes for Canvas LMS

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in t...

Canvas Releases

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in t...

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (20 July), instructors can assign ungraded discussions to students and sections. The Account Navigation now includes a link to the Analytics Hub. In Account Settings, admins can enable Inbox Signature blogs and Auto responses. ...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes 2024-07-20 Enforcement of Discussion and Announcement Redesign. Deprecation of Legacy Account Analytics.Enforcement of New Analytics For more information, please see Upcoming Canvas Changes. In this Canvas release (15 Jun...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes 2024-06-10 Enforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option  2024-06-15 Restricting future use of the submission_type_selection LTI PlacementAGS Score submitedAt is removed. 2024-07-20 Enforc...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes 2024-06-10 Enforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option 2024-06-15 Enforcement of restricting future use of the submission_type_selection LTI Placement For more information, please see Up...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (16 March), admins can search and sort Account Developer Keys. Within the Gradebook, instructors have the option to select multiple filter choices for each filter type. SpeedGrader's media recorder includes screen capture and a...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (17 February), observers can sign up for appointment groups when enabled by an institution and the instructor. Classic Quizzes' practice quizzes are migrated to New Quizzes with zero-point quiz settings enabled. The CSV format ...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in th...

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (20 January), additional question types are included in the Answer Frequency Summary in the Item Analysis Report. Screencast | View the New Feature Screencasts page for a compilation of all available videos in this release. A...

Canvas Releases

Canvas deploys contain code changes that are intended to fix bugs, improve performance, and prepare for new features. These deploys take place every two weeks and can be tested in the beta environment before the production deploy date indicated in th...

Canvas Releases

In this Canvas release (16 December), the LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page is enforced for all institutions. LTI tool postMessages are now properly supported in an active Canvas Rich Content Editor, including LTI Platform Storage m...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes November 2023 Remove remaining utilities from Canvas related to Flash video support. 2023-12-16 The oembed_retrieve endpoint is removedEnforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option 2023-12-...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases

Upcoming Canvas Changes November 2023 End of life for remaining utilities from Canvas related to Flash video support. 2023-12-16 Deprecation of oebmed_retrieve endpointEnforcement of LTI Deep Linking Line Items on Assignment Edit Page Feature Option...

Canvas Releases

Canvas Releases