You can manually edit a user's details in your account.
Note: If your account manages user information through a student information system (SIS), changes will also have to be made in the SIS. Any changes made in Canvas will not be passed back to the SIS.
In Global Navigation, click the Admin link , then click the name of the account .
Use the filter and search options to find the user in the account.
Note: Currently the People page includes two different layout options. Depending on the People page display, the page may include various filter and search options to find the user in the account.
Here you can edit the user's details, but the user can change it back if they choose. The details you can edit here are:
- Full Name is used for grading, SIS imports, and other administrative items .
- Display Name is what other users will see in discussions, announcements, etc. . The user can set his or her own display name if the setting is enabled.
- Sortable Name is the user's last name, first name default and it can be edited . This appears in sorted lists and admins can search for it.
- Time Zone can be set to where the user or institution is located .
- Default Email is the user's contact method .
When you are done, click the Update Details button .