You can create a case from the Field Admin Console. New cases can be added to your list of open cases or escalated to Canvas Support.
Note: Field Admin Console features may vary based on account and user settings. Based on the permissions for your role, you may not be able to view or use the features described in this lesson.
Add Case Details
Enter a subject for the case in the Subject field  and a description in the Description field .
To define the severity for the user, click the User Perceived Severity drop-down menu . You can select the following options:
- Just a casual question, comment, idea, suggestion...
- I need some help but it's not urgent.
- Something's broken but I can work around it to get what I need done.
- I can't get things done until I hear back from you.
- EXTREMELY CRITICAL EMERGENCY!!
To escalate the case to Instructure support, click the Escalate to Instructure checkbox .
Note: You should reserve the Extremely Critical Emergency option for issues and bugs that really are critical emergencies.
To add an attachment to the case, click the Upload File link.