How do I combine mathematical scoring methods in items I create?
In Mastery Connect, you can create a math item that uses more than one scoring method. Combining scoring methods allows you to score student responses with more precision.
- When you combine the equivSymbolic scoring method and the isExpanded scoring method, correct student responses must be symbolically equivalent and also in expanded form.
- When you combine the equivValue scoring method and the isUnit scoring method, correct student responses must be a certain value and also in the specified units.
Create Math Item
Select First Scoring Method
In the Set correct answer(s) section, enter a point value for the item in the Point(s) box .
Click the Method drop-down menu, and select a scoring method .
If the method requires a correct answer, enter it in the Value field .
Add Additional Scoring Section
To add another scoring section, click the Add button.
Select Another Method
In the new scoring section, click the Method drop-down menu, and select an additional scoring method .
- If the method requires a correct answer, enter it in the new section's Value field.
- You can combine any number of scoring methods. To add additional scoring methods, click the Add button .
- To remove a scoring method, click the Delete icon .
To check whether student answers will be scored as correct or incorrect, enter an answer into the sample answer field . Correct answers receive the full number of points .
Incorrect answers receive 0 points.