How do I add a calculator, ruler, or protractor to an item through an item bank in Mastery Connect?
- Teachers can also provide students with tools at the tracker level or at the assessment level. An administrator can provide tools for a benchmark assessment.
- When the Include question level tools option is enabled for a tracker or assessment, item-level tools are available in addition to the tracker-level and assessment-level tools.
- Item-level tools display in the main body of an item.
- The Desmos calculators are only available in districts that have paid Desmos subscriptions.
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Items link.
Note: You can also add item-level tools to an item within an assessment. Learn more about adding a calculator, ruler, or protractor to an item within an assessment.
Open Item Editor
From the Add Feature drop-down menu, select any of the following tool options to add them:
- Calculators : Mastery Connect Basic, Extended, or Scientific calculators.
- Desmos calculators : If your institution paid for Desmos calculators, you can add the Desmos Scientific, Desmos Four Function, or Desmos Graphing calculator.
- Rulers : 6 inches, 12 inches, 15 centimeters, or 30 centimeters.
- Protractor : standard protractor.
View Tool Icons
Icons for added tools display on the item.
To delete a tool, hover the cursor over the tool icon, then click the Delete Feature icon.