How do I manage enhanced tools and accommodations in a benchmark assessment?
Item-based benchmark assessments that display an EA icon include enhanced tools and accommodations designed to meet student needs during the assessment process. District administrators and benchmark facilitators can manage these tools and accommodations in the Assessment Manager.
- If you make changes to the tools and accommodations in an active benchmark, any students currently taking the assessment must log out and back in to see the changes.
- To manage text-to-speech or dictionary tools for benchmark assessments, configure the tracker-level language and speech accommodations or configure text-to-speech or dictionaries for individual students.
- Text-to-speech is not available for document-based assessments. Students who require text-to-speech for a document-based assessment should use a native OS screen reader such as VoiceOver for Mac or JAWS for Windows.
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Admin link . Then, hover over the Assessments tab  and click the Benchmarks option .
Open Assessment Manager
In the Benchmarks list, item-based assessments display the Item icon . Assessments with enhanced tools and accommodations available display the EA icon .
Locate an item-based assessment with enhanced tools and accommodations enabled, and click the Manage button .
Note: To update an item-based assessment and enable Enhanced Tools and Accommodations you can clone the assessment.
Configure Tools and Accommodations
In the Settings page, scroll to the Tools and Accommodations section.
You can enable or disable the available tools and accommodations for the benchmark by clicking the checkbox associated with each tool .
You can also select which version of the default or Desmos calculators will be available to students .
To allow students to use tools added by item authors for individual items, click the Include Question Level Tools toggle on .
- The Desmos calculator is only available in districts that have a paid Desmos subscription.
- If your district has a paid state calculator subscription, your state calculator will also be available here.
- If you make changes to the tools and accommodations on an active benchmark, any students currently taking the assessment will need to log out and back in to see the changes.
After configuring tools and accommodations, click the Save button.