If you have permission to publish your course, you can publish your course in the Course Home Page sidebar or from the Course Setup Checklist.
- You must publish a course before students can access it and its contents. Students cannot see unpublished courses and content.
- Publishing a course is a course permission. If you cannot publish your course, your institution has restricted this feature.
- Publishing your course will send invitations to any users who were manually added to your course. Users added via SIS import will not receive an invitation.
- Course invitations will not be sent until after the course start date. (The start date is commonly the term date, unless the term is being overridden by a specific course or section date in Course Settings.)
- If you are using a Free-for-Teacher account, you cannot publish a course until you have verified your email address.
In Global Navigation, click the Courses link , then click the name of the course .
In the Sidebar, click the Publish button.
Note: On smaller screens, the Sidebar displays beneath Course Home Page content.
If you need to unpublish your course, click the Unpublish button in the sidebar. Students who already received course invitations will not be able to access your course.
Once your course contains a graded submission, you can no longer unpublish your course.