cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send a page to another instructor?

How do I send a page to another instructor?

As an instructor, you can share individual pages in your course with other instructors at your institution. You can also copy an individual page into another course. When you share a page, any assets within that page (images, files, etc.) will be included in the shared file.

Notes:  

• To share course content, you must have the Course Content - add / edit / delete permission enabled.
  • Shared content does not count against course or user quotas.

Open Pages

Open Pages

In Course Navigation, click the Pages link.

View All Pages

View All Pages

To view a list of all pages in your course, click the View All Pages button.

Open Page Options

Locate the page you wish to send to a user, then click the page Options icon [1]. Select the Send to... option [2].

Select Recipient

Select Recipient

To send your page to another instructor, click or type in the Send to field [1]. Then click the name of the instructor to receive your page [2].

Note: You can send the page to multiple instructors at one time.

View Recipients

View Recipients

You can view all selected recipients in the Send to field [1]. To remove a recipient, click the Remove icon [2].

Send Page

Send Page

Click the Send button.

View Sent Notification

View Sent Notification

Canvas displays a notification when content sends successfully.

View Shared Content

View Shared Content

When an instructor receives shared content, a badge displays on the users's Account icon [1] and in the Shared Content link [2].

Learn how to manage received content.

Comments

This uses the Canvas Direct Share feature but does not mention Direct Share. It took me a long time to figure out what keywords to search for to find this article. This would be true for the other knowledge articles about sending content and activities to other instructors.

Hello @twagoner,

Thank you for your feedback on our guides. You are absolutely right in everything that you have shared. We recently removed Direct Share from the title of these lessons since it's not a term that displays when performing the action; we hoped it would be less confusing. The main problem happened when our tags didn't transfer over with our lessons when moving to our new platform. We hope to have a solution for that this week, which should help with these search issues.

Cody 

HELP! I followed all the steps to send a file, and the assignment came through on the other teacher's course. However, the link (blue paper clip) for the embedded content did not appear when the assignment was opened. If I go into edit, the URL is in the external tool submission type box, just as it is in the original. We tried just about everything, with no success. I was even added to her course as a teacher, thinking that copying the assignments between the courses would provide a better result, but the issue is still unresolved. 

Hi @cmorriss,

Would you mind reaching out to Canvas Support so they can look into this for you? They are best equipped to troubleshoot specific situations like this and hopefully determine a solution for you.

Cody

@CanvasDocTeam  When a teacher shares a page, the links embedded under different images are not staying on the page.  Is there a way to make it so they do?

Hi @adale654,

That is strange behavior. I tried testing this and was not able to recreate what you're seeing. I recommend reaching out to Canvas Support. They will be able to access your course to see what you're seeing to more effectively troubleshoot and resolve this issue. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Alli

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
Wednesday
Updated by: