cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view plagiarism assignments in SpeedGrader?

How do I view plagiarism assignments in SpeedGrader?

You can view and grade assignments with a plagiarism detector tool enabled in SpeedGrader. DocViewer supported file types can be viewed and annotated in SpeedGrader.

Open SpeedGrader

Open SpeedGrader

On the assignment, click the SpeedGrader button.

Select Submission

Select Submission

Select the student whose submission you would like to view.

View Submission

View the submission in the SpeedGrader submission pane [1].

If the submission is a supported DocViewer preview type, you can use the DocViewer annotation tools [2] to add comments to the student's submission.

View Similarity Score

View Similarity Score

The SpeedGrader sidebar displays the student's similarity score. To view the full originality report, click the Originality Score icon.

Grade Submission

Grade Submission

To grade the submission, enter a grade in the Grade field [1].

If you added a rubric to the assignment, you can view the rubric by clicking the View Rubric button [2].

Comments

This is unclear "You can view and grade assignments with a plagiarism detector tool enabled in SpeedGrader." Do you mean, accounts with a third party plagiarism checker installed, can view originality scores in SpeedGrader? This document makes it sound like plagiarism checker is a Canvas feature that can be turned on.

@audra_agnelly yes, as far as I know this requires your institution to enable a third-party plagiarism detection tool, such as Turnitin, in your Canvas instance in order to use this feature. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

- Nathan

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
Wednesday
Updated by: