When creating an assignment, you can choose to set up an assignment with anonymous grading. Selecting the anonymous grading option hides student names from graders when they view assignment submissions in SpeedGrader.
If anonymous grading is not enabled as a feature option in your course, you can enable anonymous grading in SpeedGrader on a per-assignment basis at any time.
You can add annotations and comments in DocViewer when Anonymous Grading is enabled. If you want to use DocViewer tools and create anonymous comments in the submission, you can enable Anonymous Instructor Annotations in your assignment instead.
- Anonymous grading is currently a course opt-in feature. To enable this feature, learn how to manage feature options in the course features lesson.
- You or an admin can enable or disable the anonymous grading option at any time. Any edits made to the assignment will be tracked, and auditing tools will be added to help with accountability in a future release.
- Anonymous grading can be enabled with moderated grading assignment options.
- Anonymous assignments are automatically muted or hidden. Grades for anonymous assignments, like other muted or hidden assignments, are not displayed to students until the assignment is unmuted or assignment grades are posted.
- Unmuting or posting grades for an anonymous assignment will remove anonymity from the assignment.
To create an assignment with all assignment details at the same time, click the Add Assignment button.
If you want to edit an existing assignment that has not yet received student submissions, click the name of the assignment.
Add Assignment Details
Select Anonymous Grading
Click the Graders cannot view student names checkbox.
Note: If the moderated grading assignment option is also enabled, anonymous grading includes an additional option for graders to not view each other's names.
If you want to notify users about any future assignment changes, click the Notify users that this content has changed checkbox . Click the Save button .
Note: If your assignment has not yet been published, the assignment will show the Save & Publish button. The Save button will create a draft of your assignment so you can publish it later.