You can use Microsoft Office 365 to create a collaboration with a Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file. You can select individual users, groups, or both as part of a collaboration. To alert invitees about collaborations, you can create course events in the Calendar.
- If you cannot create a Microsoft collaboration, this feature has not been enabled for the course.
- Once you invite a user to a collaboration, the collaboration is available to the user in the user's Microsoft OneDrive. Uninviting the user or deleting the collaboration does not remove access to the collaboration once a user has been added.
- When creating a collaboration you cannot link to a previously created collaboration.
In the Document Name field , enter the name of your document.
In the Description field , enter a description for the collaboration.
The collaboration defaults to the People tab. If you want to collaborate with individual people in your course, click the name of a user you want to add to the collaboration . The user's name will move to the right side of the window .
Add as many users as necessary.
You can also create collaborations with groups. To select an entire group, click the Groups tab . Select the group(s) you want to add to the collaboration .
- You can select individual users as well as a group in a collaboration.
- You can add multiple groups to a collaboration, but all groups will collaborate in the same document. For group-specific collaborations, consider creating a new collaboration for each group or creating a group collaboration from within the group.
View your collaboration. To edit the collaboration, click the Edit icon . To delete the collaboration, click the Delete icon .