Select Grading Period
If you have enabled Multiple Grading Periods in your course, in the Grading Period drop-down menu, select the grading period you want to view.
Note: You can only manage grades for assignments in a current or future grading period. Once the close date for a grading period has passed, you cannot edit grades for the prior grading period.
In the sort assignments drop-down menu, select how to sort assignments:
- By Assignment Group and Position
- By Due Date
Select Gradebook Settings
To select any settings you want to display in the Gradebook Individual View, click the checkbox next to the setting description:
- Treat Ungraded Assignments as 0 (this option may be restricted when multiple grading periods are enabled)
- Hide Student Names
- Show Concluded Enrollments
- Show content from the Notes Column in Student Info
- Show Totals as Points instead of Percentage on Student Grade Page (only available if you are using unweighted assignment groups in your course)
In the Student drop-down menu , select the name of the student whose information you want to view. If you want to view all students beginning with the first student in your course or section, click the Next Student button .
Remember, student names will be sorted by last name and displayed according to your section preference in the Global Settings drop-down menu.
In the Assignment drop-down menu , select the student's assignment you want to view. If you want to view the first assignment in your course, click the Next Assignment button .
Remember, assignments will be displayed according to your sorting preference in the Global Settings drop-down menu.
View Gradebook Information
Once you select a student and an assignment, the Grading, Student Information, and Assignment Information sections will display all corresponding content. Scroll down the page to view each of these sections. You can revisit the Gradebook settings at any time to hide and show settings.
Depending on selected Gradebook settings, you have the option to modify the Gradebook as available within the Grades and Assignment Information sections:
- Enter scores or grades
- Excuse the assignment
- View Submission Details: Add a comment and view more details in SpeedGrader
- Add information to the Notes column
- View final grade (this option may be restricted when multiple grading periods are enabled)
View Next Student or Assignment
To view the next student, click the Next Student button .
To view the next assignment, click the Next Assignment button .
You can always select individual students and/or assignments by clicking each respective drop-down menu.