How do I create a district formative item-based assessment as an admin?
As a Mastery Connect admin, you can create a formative assessment using questions sourced from available item banks and deliver it to trackers in your district.
Assessments can be aligned to both single and multiple standards. They can be kept private, shared with your school or with your district.
Open Formative Assessments
Click the Assessments drop-down menu , and select the Formative option .
Note: If you want to use specific standards from a tracker to create an assessment, you can create an assessment from a tracker.
In the Assessment Type drop-down menu, select Formative Assessment .
To select a subject, core, and class for the assessment click the drop-down menus .
To select a single or multi-standard assessment click the Standard drop-down menu .
To approve the assessment for use across your district, click the District Approved Assessment toggle on .
Enter a name for the assessment in the Title field .
Optionally, enter a description of the assessment in the Description field .
- Formative Assessments can only be designated as District Approved assessments by district administrators and users with the benchmark facilitator, benchmark author, or content approval additive permissions.
- District Approved assessments can only be edited or cloned by users with the appropriate approvals.
- Learn more about roles and permissions in Mastery Connect
Select Privacy Settings
To select a privacy option, click the Privacy menu . Then, select one of the following privacy options:
- Share With The Community : You and anyone in the Mastery Connect Community can add the assessment to trackers. Only you can edit the assessment.
- Private to Me : The assessment is only visible to you. Only you can add it to trackers or edit it.
- Private to My School : You and others in your school can add the assessment to trackers, only you can edit the assessment.
- Private to My District : You and others in your district can add the assessment to trackers. Only you can edit the assessment.
- Assessments must be set as Private to My District to be distributed as District Formative assessments.
- If you select the Share With The Community option, the source assessment materials can not be copyrighted. To confirm this, click the Assessment is Not Copyrighted checkbox .
Select Assessment Source
To select an item bank to use as a source, click the Assessment Source drop-down menu . Then, to select a location in the Item Based list, click the name of the item bank .
Note: The Item Based list will only display item banks that are available for use in your district.
In Item Filters, use the drop-down menus to search for items by passage, standard, item type, or depth of knowledge .
To filter items by available features, click the checkboxes .
To search by item number, enter it in the text field .
To select items to add to the assessment, move them from the Item Results column to the Items in Assessment column by clicking the Add icon .
When the item has been successfully moved, the confirmation message displays .
Alternatively, you can add random questions from the Item Results column by typing the number of questions you want to add in the Add Random text box . Then, to move the items to the Items in Assessment column, click the Add icon .
To randomize the order in which the items will appear in the assessment, click the Randomize icon .
Enter Single-Standard Mastery Cut Scores
In a single-standard assessment the total number of points possible on the assessment displays in the Scoring column .
Enter the number of points required for mastery in the Mastery box , and the number of points required for near mastery in the Near Mastery box .
Enter Multi-Standard Mastery Cut Scores
For multi-standard assessments, the total number of points possible for each standard displays in the scoring column.
Enter the number of points required for mastery of each standard in the M boxes .
Enter the number of points required for near mastery of each standard in the NM boxes .
To view details about a standard, hover the cursor over the standard name  to view the standard detail box .
To save your changes and create the assessment, click the Create Assessment button .
Note: To remove all selections on the page, click the Reset button .