Set Up Your Canvas Course in 30 minutes or Less

Community Team
Community Team
34 16 127K

Need to quickly get up and running with Canvas? These 5 videos will get you started with an overview of Canvas, how to build and manage a course, and how to create and manage course content. View additional Canvas Overview videos or read the Canvas Instructor Guides for additional information.

16 Comments
Surveyor

I am trying to set up a course as I am virtually teaching from home. On the right side of my screen I do NOT have the option for Start a New Course.

Surveyor

Guys, as of 8/17/2020 this is the navigation and overview video and does not focus on setting up a course.  Is there a "how to set up your course" dedicated video?

when I follow the "Canvas Overview (Instructors)" link from the general guide it sends me to this exact video, which seems to be more accurate.

Surveyor

I have the same problem. I cannot figure out how to set up my course. 

Surveyor

On the top left, their is a dropdown arrow. I think it is the second video "Courses: Creation and Management"

Surveyor

It appears that much of CANVAS is like a highly refined adaptation of Google Classroom. I just got a better than working knowledge of Google Classroom; my students are at ease here. It will take some doing to understand and introduce the new CANVAS way of running remote.                                       

Surveyor

How do people without a course number get the students into their canvas?  I am a counselor. 

Community Team
Community Team

@Torisen and @brigittesalami,

@zmohr is absolutely right, there is a drop-down menu at the top of the video that shows a list of the 5 videos in this series. If you watch each video to the end (or just skip to the end) the next video will auto-play. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

- Nathan

Community Team
Community Team

@rzabransky I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish when you say "get students into their canvas". Can you please give us more detail? Are you trying to view the progress of students in their courses? Or something else? Let us know!

Thanks,

- Nathan

Community Team
Community Team

@stephenreed it definitely takes some hands-on time in Canvas to get the hang of things, but that's the case with learning most new things. The good news is that you're in the right place to learn about everything that Canvas has to offer. Be sure to check out the rest of our Canvas user guides at guides.canvaslms.com. Best of luck with your journey with Canvas this school year!

Thanks,

- Nathan

Community Team
Community Team

@000025722

If you don't see the Start a New Course button, your Canvas admin may have disabled that option for teachers at your school. I recommend reaching out to either your Canvas admin or your school's technical support team for help setting up a new course.

Thanks,

- Nathan

Surveyor

Is there a way to get the instructional videos to go fullscreen? The details are pretty microscopic. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Surveyor

This set of 5 videos has been incredibly helpful as I set up my first Canvas course! 
Unfortunately, the 5th video kept flickering in and out for some reason...though the audio was fine.  It was difficult to keep focusing on it; I hope there is some way you can fix this. 

Surveyor

Hi  hello guys mane is Marcos have a problem with my family,the problem is the personality

Surveyor

Yeet

Surveyor
Spoiler
Yeet

Yeet

Surveyor

DHHFYHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF